Is the Season One DVD worth it?

edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
I got Season One for $5 during the daily sale, and I've now found out about the DVD. Is it worth ordering? The Delivery cost is $11.23, or 8.54 Euros, to Ireland. Is it worth it?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Yes, but you should probably get it with a free shipping deal.
  • edited December 2010
    Or you may wait until you buy more seasons, and then order all the DVDs at once.
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, but you should probably get it with a free shipping deal.

Elaborate.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Telltale often offers free worldwide shipping with $50 purchase (it is the case at this time, probably until December 31).
    Additionally, all digital versions of Telltale's games released prior to Poker Night at the Inventory are currently 50% off, so it's not a bad time to take advantage of the free shipping offer.

Please note: any digital season purchase entitles you to a free DVD (plus shipping) of that season, but you can't get the DVD of a specific season for free as part of the same order in which you buy the digital version of that season (for example, if you buy the digital version of Sam & Max season 2, you will have to place a separate order to get the free DVD of that game).
  • edited December 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Telltale often offers free worldwide shipping with $50 purchase (it is the case at this time, probably until December 31).
    Additionally, all digital versions of Telltale's games released prior to Poker Night at the Inventory are currently 50% off, so it's not a bad time to take advantage of the free shipping offer.

Please note: any digital season purchase entitles you to a free DVD (plus shipping) of that season, but you can't get the DVD of a specific season for free as part of the same order in which you buy the digital version of that season (for example, if you buy the digital version of Sam & Max season 2, you will have to place a separate order to get the free DVD of that game).

Hmm, okay. Not sure there's anything else I want though but I'll take another look, thanks very much.
    edited December 2010
    Also, it might not be 50% off, but for $49.95, the Telltale Holiday Pack is still a darn good deal and gets you free shipping despite being just under $50!
  • edited December 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    for example, if you buy the digital version of Sam & Max season 2, you will have to place a separate order to get the free DVD of that game.
    Wrong. You can get both (I got Strong Bad DVD and Bone DVD's with the 80% off).
    It's the packs however (S&M complete, Holiday pack) which do not allow this, individual seasons do (bar BttF, since it's not finished yet).
    edited December 2010
    Wrong. You can get both (I got Strong Bad DVD and Bone DVD's with the 80% off).
    It's the packs however (S&M complete, Holiday pack) which do not allow this, individual seasons do (bar BttF, since it's not finished yet).

Not sure how you did it... Just tried both Bone episodes (one at a time), the first two seasons of Sam & Max and Wallace & Gromit and even with the 50% off downloads in the cart, the DVD's remain full price.
    The only DVD's that come up free for me are the ones that would be free even without the purchase of the downloads (Strong Bad, The Devil's Playhouse and TOMI, even though I already own the Strong Bad and Devil's Playhouse DVD's and the Deluxe Edition of TOMI).
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, you talk about the 50% off deal for digital releases. Right... nvm then.

Thought you were talking about discs in general, you can get them right when ordering the season (the -80% off didn't have the restrictions this action seem to have).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.