BTTF game freeze

edited February 2011 in Game Support
I have an issue where it freezes on my Mac at a the part in the game right after you make rocket drill fuel, but I can do anything like pause or shut the program down. I'm running it through steam. When it freezes the only thing I can do is a hard shut down of my computer. I've tried lowering the graphics and running it in windowed mode to see if I could still shut down the program but the game freezes the entire computer. It's very frustrating.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Exact same problem here, buddy. It freezes on my Mac at the part in the game right after you make rocket drill fuel.

Other than that, the game runs smoothly to that point. I´ve also tried lowering the graphics and running it in windowed mode, but to no effect.

And yes...it´s beyond frustrating.
  • edited December 2010
    Having the same exact problem here. The first two times I tried, I got to the part where Emmett asks you how long it would take the patent office to respond, and it froze when I clicked a dialogue option.

The second two times I tried, it froze before that, in mid-speech of Emmett talking right before Marty says something like "no, I'm taking the prototype with me now"

Hope to see a fix soon, as I was really loving the game up to this point.
  • edited December 2010
    Same problem here. Froze one time before I had the option to choose a dialogue choice and second time froze right after I clicked the third choice.

I'm starting to think this game wasn't thoroughly tested on modern Macs.
  • edited January 2011
    Ditto. I've had to do a hard restart twice now.
  • edited January 2011
    Same thing is happening to me. Which is weird cause my brother played through the episode on my mac about a week ago without running into this issue.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe we should get in the Delorean, travel back in time and unbuy the game. It seems to be buggy as hell for a lot of people. Doc Brown wouldn´t be proud...
  • edited January 2011
    Exact same problem for me as well, stops right after i've completed making the drill fuel. Whole system freezes.
  • edited January 2011
    Exact same problem for me as well, stops right after i've competed making the drill fuel. Whole system freezes.

Are you all on Mac OS? And if do what is your current OS version?
  • edited January 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »

10.6.6 here - in game crash after clicking play now on launcher - only works when forcing intel graphics - setting graphics mode set to 6 and then running as normal
  • edited January 2011

Yep, I was just on 10.6.5...haven't tried running again since upgrading to 10.6.6 yet. I'll give that a try.

Also, I tried re-downloading episode 1 and reinstalled it to get a little bit farther after the rocket segment. Made it up to the first conversation choice
    about how long it would take for Emmet to hear back from the patent office
    just for it to freeze again at the point.

Another try after that froze at the previous point where the cutscene plays of Emmet finishing up the experiment.

Edit: Tried on 10.6.6--still crashing in the same spot.
  • edited January 2011

Yes, OSX 10.6.6
  • edited January 2011
    Same problem here in the exact same spot 3 times now, with no fix but to hard-restart the computer. Freezes immediately after a choice (any choice) is selected for how long it will take for the patent office to respond. Very frustrating to have to play that scene with mixing the rocket fuel over and over just to have the thing lock up in the same spot.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.6.
  • edited January 2011
    OS X 10.6.6. version here too...
  • edited January 2011
    Same problem. OS X 10.6.5
  • edited January 2011
    This stinks, is no one reading these posts? I really enjoy the game but this lack of info on updates is terrible.

I am having the same problem with freezing after the rocket fuel.
    Mac 10.6.6

Please make an update!
  • edited January 2011
    Same song, same verse. Freezes after the rocket fuel game. On Mac 10.6.6. Like the game, but had I known about the issues, dunno if I'd have bought it.
  • edited January 2011
    Did you try turning down the video quality?
  • edited January 2011

That did the trick. Thank you for your help and patience.

For the record, guys, make sure you have the Settings of Simple and then switch to lowest. Still a little laggy for me, but I was able to play through to the end of the episode.

Now only 9 days to the next episode, right? :)
  • edited January 2011

That worked for me as well. Thanks for the assistance! Once I cleared the rocket drill section I was able to adjust the setting back to the way I had them before. Still laggy like perim mentioned, but I was able to get through it.
  • edited January 2011
    Ummm... my game freezes when Marty says he have something on his grand father and restarts the Computer and the second time at Doc's place the third is at Doc's too i am running on a DELL Computer
  • edited January 2011

That worked for me too, thanks
  • edited February 2011
    Turning down the video quality did not help me still crashes when down making fuel This is lame needs to be a hard fix for this...
  • edited February 2011
    me too it skips than my computer restarts
This discussion has been closed.