Sound cut off at the end - german version

edited March 2012 in Game Support
Hi,

while playing BTTF1 the sound cuts of very often in the german version. It looks like the german sound files for a german sentence are longer then the english sentences and the programmer just gave them time of the english version.

The Problem appears at the same sentences every time. it's repeatable.

It also apears, if i set quality settings to the lowest point.

PS: My Computer should be fast enough.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Same here. Updated my audio-driver just in case but no change. These cut-off lines are quite annoying, but great game anyway :)
  • edited January 2011
    same here. please fix this. it's terrible and destroys the game not to hear the phrases until the bitter end. even though you didn't manage or did not want to manage to get (damn, why not?!) the real german synchron-speakers for the game, i'm very interested in hearing, what is uttered by the characters.

and please also fix the terrible and non-understandable difference between the written text and the one, which is spoken by the characters. how can these failures be made?
  • edited January 2011
    ...and don't forget the mistake in the beginning (mall with Doc and Marty) where the voice of Marty (!) and not the voice of Doc utters Doc's formulas.
  • edited January 2011
    same here,

fix it a.s.a.p. Telltale!
  • edited January 2011
    Abramson wrote: »
    same here,

fix it a.s.a.p. Telltale!

We can only fix it if it's a widespread issue and we know whats causing it. If you're using windows can you post your dxdiags or OS versions if your on Mac. I honestly haven't had anyone write into support about this and we can't reproduce it here, so it's limited to just four people it may be something we can't fix.
  • edited January 2011
    I dont think it is limited to only four people, search for the german version of the game in youtube and you will find the bug in every video (in the same sentences).
    What Bitterlemon says:
    "It looks like the german sound files for a german sentence are longer then the english sentences and the programmer just gave them time of the english version.

The Problem appears at the same sentences every time. it's repeatable."

here is my dxdiag, splittet in two parts
  • edited January 2011
    Same to me! I tried it from 2 Pc's one with WinXP one with Win7. Both are having this cut off problem! Please fix this for Epsiode I and further releases! :(
  • edited January 2011
    Same here. I suppose it is caused because the German sentences are longer than the English ones. I also have the opposite effect that the characters move their mouths but are already finished with speaking their words.
  • edited January 2011
    i didn't played it from the beginning yet. but maybe someone could play BTTF1 german on PC and tell the programmers exactly one sentence where the problem appears, so that they could see it for itself. Maybe that would be enough to find the mistake.

@Abrason:
    Maybe you could post the link to the videos with the seconds you found the mistake.
  • edited January 2011
    sure,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKNr776RErw&feature=related
    at 6:10min, the date of the year is cut off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3taXsqZGgs&feature=related
    00:36min (missing word at the end)
    07:45min (Hilfe, ich werde von Rowdys *cut off, missing word "attack" in english)
    German Subtitle (Hilfe, ich werde angegriffen von Rowdys)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2011
    sure,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKNr776RErw&feature=related
    at 6:10min, the date of the year is cut off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3taXsqZGgs&feature=related
    00:36min (missing word at the end)
    07:45min (Hilfe, ich werde von Rowdys *cut off, missing word "attack" in english)
    German Subtitle (Hilfe, ich werde angegriffen von Rowdys)

I made some links directly to the beginning of the cut off sentences:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKNr776RErw&feature=player_detailpage#t=373s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3taXsqZGgs&feature=player_detailpage#t=32s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3taXsqZGgs&feature=player_detailpage#t=463s
  • edited January 2011
    nice thanks DjNDB
  • edited January 2011
    @Amy Lukima:

the very early sound problem in the game, which "Abramson" found in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKNr776RErw&feature=player_detailpage#t=373s

appers the same way on my machine (Thinkpad). For test reasons I installed it on the machine from my girlfriend (Dell). So the error appears in the video and on two PCs I have here.

Therefor it's sadly a 100% repeatable game error on different PCs with the german BTTF1.
  • edited January 2011
    I installed the game on two different PCs, the same cut-off error.
    It is a bug in the game, not from the machines...:mad:
  • edited January 2011
    ...if you look in the inventory and look at docs notes, you'll find an easy to repeat sound error.

"...ich sollte sicher gehen das es nicht in die falschen Hände fällt".

the sounds cuts of while saying "Hände". "fällt" is totally missing.

Because this error is easy to find, maybe some more Mac and PC users could test it and post their result here.
  • edited January 2011
    This seems not to be a problem "limited to just four people" ;):

I had exactly the same problem with cut off sounds. I would be very glad to have this fixed because I really like the German version (besides this and some other little bugs).
  • edited January 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    We can only fix it if it's a widespread issue and we know whats causing it. If you're using windows can you post your dxdiags or OS versions if your on Mac. I honestly haven't had anyone write into support about this and we can't reproduce it here, so it's limited to just four people it may be something we can't fix.

I only didn't mail support because I played the english version after testing the german version for a short while AND experiencing the cut offs. I think you can be sure that the mistake is on every single machine easy to reproduce.
  • edited February 2011
    @Telltale Team:
    the error is known for a month now. Please let us know, when you think this error will be fixed. I stopped playing BTTF1 because of it, and I'd like to start playing again soon.

Thanks.
  • edited February 2011
    Just want to add that I have the same problem with the missing end of sentences for the German version.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm wondering why Telltalegames doesn't give us any information on this topic. Are you working on this? Can we expect to see an updated version of episode 1?
  • edited February 2011
    Okay,

the german version of Episode 2 is out.
    I´m waiting at the gamesloadshop for my downloadlink.

If there still the problems in the second episode, i contact my dealer and give the game back.

Problems in a game is one thing,
    No information from the devs, the other thing.
  • 9T99T9
    edited February 2011
    I've exactly the same problem. Come on, this isn't a coincidence.
    I think, i will switch to the english version. The german voices aren't that good. Especially because I have watched the movies with different voice actors a few days ago. :(
  • edited February 2011
    The second episode still has this errors. Come on Telltale! Are you reading this? The german translation is really bad. Some parts of the game don't even work properly because of the bad translation (Entry to the Speakeasy) and some translations don't fit with their textual translation or are missing. That is really disappointing.
  • edited February 2011
    yes,

in the first minute off the game, two cut offs...

@Telltale
    Whats the actual situation?
  • edited February 2011
    @Telltale
    Whats the actual situation?
    I think we all can hear loud and clear what Telltale's answer is. :winslow:
  • edited March 2011
    After playing most of part 2 I found that the error not only still exists, but it seems to be even worse than in part 1: Whole sentences are cut off and I had to activate subtitles to understand the context of the whole story.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm really pissed off, that I spend my money for this unready game. What is wrong with you, guys? Can't you just fix the sound problems in the German versions of the game? Now, I played the second part of the game, et violá, the same procedure as in the first chapter appears and bites off all the fun, I expected to have after the sound-issue was brought to you; not even to mention the achievement of the producers of this game, that some of the dialogues got drawn longer and others are just like before tooooooo short.

What kind of company is this? Some of an ignore-our-customers-thing?

How long would you play a game, which has sentences like: "Oh, my god, Marty look out! Tannen is in the corner", if you only can hear: "Oh, my god, Marty look out! Tann [cut]"?

Please end this appearence of an endless suffering and don't publish another worthless chapter of this game, before you got the sound right!

And, by the way, also please check, that the translations are correct and not somehow arbitrary. I didn't check the second chapter, but the first was partly on the niveau of a first-class-english lesson in Germany.
  • edited March 2011
    @Telltale:

Maybe it would be better if you guys just would be honest. It's an easy to fix problem, but low priority for you. At least tell when you're going to fix this low priority problem.

The idea that other game releases are more important right now might be wrong. Actually I'd like to buy jurassic park, but I don't think I'm gonna spent more on telltale games until BTTF isn't fixed.

Please think again, and I still mean it in a good mood. To deal with problems and show it's to customers in a transparent way, might be a better way than just say nothing.
  • edited March 2011
    Episode 3 and the issue is still unfixed. It appeared at least once to me. This is annoying and frustrating, because there is no reaction from Telltale. Even the mail support didn't respond. I think this was my last Telltale game.
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Sorry about this. We are looking into. We had a German speaker play Ep3, and they didn't report the problem. Where in the game did you notice this, and is it happening like it was in Ep 1 & 2?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • edited March 2011
    It happens less often, but it appeared at least once in the first 15 minutes. I will note the lines if it occurs again to me.
  • edited March 2011
    When you hear this happen in BttF Ep.3, is it consistently on the same lines or does it vary? It's possible this is related to the system you're using to run the game. Can you post a DXdiag file in this thread?

Here are the steps to get a DXdiag file:

1. In the Windows Start Menu search field, type in “DXdiag”. It should find the program (it will have an icon that looks like a blue circle with a yellow X in it).

2. Click on the icon, and it will open the DXdiag program. It may display a progress bar when it first opens; if so, let it finish before moving on to step 3.

3. Click on the “Save All Information” button indicated and save the resulting file.

4. Copy the text from the resulting DXdiag file and paste it into a forum post in this thread.

That should give us some information to go on. Thanks!
  • edited April 2011
    I have to apologize. The error didn't occurred to me again and I also couldn't reproduce the first time. Maybe I hit the right mouse accidentally.
  • edited June 2011
    In Episode 5 I noticed at least one cutoff very straight after the opening, when the police office takes you from Edna to speak with you. He talks to you about Edna creating a capaign against dirty police officers.
  • edited July 2011
    I just started the last episode of the german version of the game and obviously I got three sound cuts at the end of sentences in the first two dialogues(again).

I saved my dxdiag-informations as recommended:

System Information
    Time of this report: 7/18/2011, 15:26:33
    Machine name: JAN
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
    Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
    System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs)
    Memory: 3264MB RAM
    Page File: 972MB used, 4179MB available
    Windows Dir: H:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: The file ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
    Sound Tab 1: DirectSound test results: All tests were successful.
    Music Tab: DirectMusic test results: All tests were successful.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9440)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9440&SUBSYS_24401682&REV_00
    Display Memory: 512.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug und Play-Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7171 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 4/4/2011 16:15:49, 302080 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: No
    WHQL Date Stamp: None
    VDD: Nicht zutreffend
    Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 4/4/2011 16:16:20, 6553088 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D700-11CF-3169-4A04A1C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9440
    SubSys ID: 0x24401682
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: All tests were successful.
    D3D7 Test Result: All tests were successful.
    D3D8 Test Result: All tests were successful.
    D3D9 Test Result: All tests were successful.

Sound Devices
    Description: Realtek HD Audio output
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_18493662&REV_1001
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
    Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6316 (English)
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Date and Size: 2/24/2011 19:21:10, 6340200 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    HW Accel Level: Full
    Cap Flags: 0xF5F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 192000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 31
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 31
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
    Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.

Sound Capture Devices
    Description: Realtek HD Audio Input
    Default Sound Capture: Yes
    Default Voice Capture: Yes
    Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
    Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6316 (English)
    Date and Size: 2/24/2011 19:21:10, 6340200 bytes
    Cap Flags: 0x41
    Format Flags: 0xFFF

DirectMusic
    DLS Path: H:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\GM.DLS
    DLS Version: 1.00.0016.0002
    Acceleration: n/a
    Ports: Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port
    Microsoft MIDI-Mapper [Emuliert], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
    Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth [Emuliert], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
    Test Result: All tests were successful.

DirectInput Devices
    Device Name: Maus
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Tastatur
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Wired Keyboard 600
    Controller ID: 0x0
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x0750

Device Name: Wired Keyboard 600
    Controller ID: 0x0
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x0750

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

USB Devices
    + USB-Root-Hub
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x27CB
    | Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
    | Service: usbhub
    | Driver: usbhub.sys, 4/14/2008 01:15:38, 59520 bytes
    | Driver: usbd.sys, 8/31/2001 21:07:36, 4736 bytes

Gameport Devices

PS/2 Devices
    + HID-Tastatur
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x0750
    | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard
    | Service: kbdhid
    | Driver: kbdhid.sys, 4/14/2008 07:28:38, 14720 bytes
    | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 4/14/2008 07:28:38, 25216 bytes
    |
    + Terminalserver-Tastaturtreiber
    | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
    | Upper Filters: kbdclass
    | Service: TermDD
    | Driver: termdd.sys, 4/14/2008 07:53:28, 40840 bytes
    | Driver: kbdclass.sys, 4/14/2008 07:28:38, 25216 bytes
    |
    + HID-konforme Maus
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC062
    | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
    | Service: mouhid
    | Driver: mouclass.sys, 4/14/2008 07:19:38, 23552 bytes
    | Driver: mouhid.sys, 8/31/2001 21:06:12, 12288 bytes
    |
    + Terminalserver-Maustreiber
    | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
    | Upper Filters: mouclass
    | Service: TermDD
    | Driver: termdd.sys, 4/14/2008 07:53:28, 40840 bytes
    | Driver: mouclass.sys, 4/14/2008 07:19:38, 23552 bytes

DirectPlay Service Providers
    DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    Internet TCP/IP Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    IPX Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    Modem Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    Serial Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)

DirectPlay Voice Wizard Tests: Full Duplex: Not run, Half Duplex: Not run, Mic: Not run
    DirectPlay Test Result: Not run

DirectPlay Adapters
    DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider: COM1
    DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider: Drahtlose Netzwerkverbindung - IPv4 -
    DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider: Hamachi - IPv4 -

DirectPlay Voice Codecs
    Voxware VR12 1,4 KBit/s
    Voxware SC06 6,4 KBit/s
    Voxware SC03 3,2 KBit/s
    MS-PCM 64 KBit/s
    MS-ADPCM 32,8 KBit/s
    Microsoft GSM 6.10 13 KBit/s
    TrueSpeech(TM) 8,6 KBit/s

DirectPlay Lobbyable Apps
    Re-Volt (DX7) - Registry: OK, ExeFile: revolt.exe (<Fehlende Datei>)

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 120.7 GB
    Total Space: 144.0 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: HDS722516VLAT80

Drive: H:
    Free Space: 0.6 GB
    Total Space: 13.1 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: HDS722516VLAT80

Drive: D:
    Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C
    Driver: h:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 00:10:48, 62976 bytes

Drive: E:
    Model: FKTC 3GHIR0PI SCSI CdRom Device
    Driver: h:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 00:10:48, 62976 bytes

System Devices
    Name: Intel(R) G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 29C1
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C1&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_10\3&11583659&0&08
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 08:32:14, 68224 bytes

Name: Intel(R) G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29C0
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C0&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_10\3&11583659&0&00
    Driver: n/a

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DF&SUBSYS_27DF1849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&F9
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 5.01.2600.0000 (German), 8/18/2001 05:30:42, 3328 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 01:10:30, 24960 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:10:32, 96512 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DA&SUBSYS_27DA1849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&FB

Name: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_36621849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&D8
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 5.10.0001.5013 (English), 1/7/2005 18:07:18, 138752 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D2
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D2&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&11583659&0&E1
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 08:32:14, 68224 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D0
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D0&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&11583659&0&E0

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27CC&SUBSYS_27CC1849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&EF
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:15:36, 30208 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:15:38, 143872 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\usbui.dll, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 08:52:32, 77312 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:15:38, 59520 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\hccoin.dll, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 07:52:12, 7168 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27CB&SUBSYS_27CB1849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&EB
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:15:36, 20608 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:15:38, 143872 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\usbui.dll, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 08:52:32, 77312 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:15:38, 59520 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27CA&SUBSYS_27CA1849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&EA
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:15:36, 20608 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C9&SUBSYS_27C91849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&E9

Name: Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C8&SUBSYS_27C81849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&E8

Name: Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&SUBSYS_27C01849&REV_01\3&11583659&0&FA
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 5.01.2600.0000 (German), 8/18/2001 05:30:42, 3328 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 01:10:30, 24960 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:10:32, 96512 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27B8&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&11583659&0&F8
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (German), 4/14/2008 08:28:04, 37632 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_E1\3&11583659&0&F0

Name: ACQCM6QC IDE Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1103&DEV_3520&SUBSYS_7EC95066&REV_01\4&5D18F2DF&0

Name: Realtek RTL8168D(P)/8111D(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_81681849&REV_03\4&38D2602C&0&00E1
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\Rtenicxp.sys, 5.702.0806.2008 (German), 8/7/2008 13:14:56, 111360 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\RtNicProp32.dll, 1.01.0716.2008 (English), 8/7/2008 05:38:36, 9728 bytes

Name: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA30&SUBSYS_AA301682&REV_00\4&2E5EAC9&0&0108
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 5.10.0001.5013 (English), 1/7/2005 18:07:18, 138752 bytes

Name: ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9440&SUBSYS_24401682&REV_00\4&2E5EAC9&0&0008
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys, 6.14.0010.7171 (German), 4/4/2011 16:16:20, 6553088 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2erec.dll, 1.00.0000.0019 (English), 4/4/2011 16:16:00, 53248 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2dvag.dll, 6.14.0010.7171 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:49, 302080 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2cqag.dll, 6.14.0010.0497 (English), 4/4/2011 16:16:32, 851968 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2mdxx.exe, 6.14.0010.2495 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:49, 26112 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ati3duag.dll, 6.14.0010.0817 (English), 4/4/2011 16:16:16, 4148544 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.dll, 6.14.0010.0299 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:46, 2681600 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\atiicdxx.dat, 4/4/2011 16:15:47, 227586 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva5x.dat, 4/4/2011 16:15:52, 3 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva6x.dat, 4/4/2011 16:15:48, 887724 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\amdpcom32.dll, 6.14.0010.0023 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:58, 64512 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\atimpc32.dll, 6.14.0010.0023 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:58, 64512 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\atiadlxx.dll, 6.14.0010.1054 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:45, 200704 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.cap, 4/4/2011 16:15:49, 603456 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.exe, 6.14.0010.1001 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:43, 143360 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.blb, 4/4/2011 16:15:51, 152384 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvamv.dll, 6.14.0010.0184 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:53, 1112576 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIDDC.DLL, 6.14.0010.0008 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:46, 53248 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\atitvo32.dll, 6.14.0010.4200 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:51, 17408 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ativcoxx.dll, 6.13.0010.0005 (English), 4/4/2011 16:16:02, 24064 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.exe, 6.14.0010.4251 (English), 4/4/2011 16:15:50, 643072 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.dll, 6.14.0010.4179 (English), 4/4/2011 16:16:19, 188416 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\atipdlxx.dll, 6.14.0010.2563 (English), 4/4/2011 16:16:28, 212992 bytes
    Driver: H:\WINDOWS\system32\Oemdspif.dll, 6.15.0006.0006 (English), 4/4/2011 16:16:13, 155648 bytes
    D
  • edited July 2011
    So folks, after I played through the fifth chapter of the german version of the game, which was really annoying in reference to the occuring sound problems, I changed to the english version, where I couldn't find the same failures. It worked fine, though I didn't get warm with the synchro.

But one thing took my attention: the speaker of the english version are talking very fast in comparison to the german ones, just as I mentioned in an earlier post. I'm sure, that the cuts at the end of some sentences aren't a problem of the hardware of my system, jumping to conclusion, I'm nearly confident, that this won't be a problem of anyone, who plays the german version of the game, either. It would rather be a sheer coincidence.

I hope you will take your moneymaking in germany more serious in the future. We are not as stupid as you think. Nobody will buy games from you, if you don't learn from your own mistakes.

I regret buying the full game, before I even played the first chapter. wish you luck with the second season, I will spend my money otherwise, not to lecture you, but to avoid your traps.
  • edited March 2012
    It is not only in BTTF - also appears in Sam and Max. The problem is known for a year now and it is not still resolved

Edit:

I've talked to a Let's Player. He does not have this problem. He had the CD version. As it seems, Steam & Co. has an outdated version of the game.

Edit 2:

I've found in the Steam forum. This corrects all errors.
    Ok, temporary solution for you guys until I can get this fixed Steam-side: Ok, open up the pack data folder of the episode in question. For example C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sam and max episode ...x...\Pack\data

Then go down and find the file SamMax10...x..._english.ttarch and delete it. In fact, delete all of the ttarch files that aren't German just in case.

Hopefully, when you boot up the game again, it will just work without any lines being cut off. If it doesn't though, please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.