What would you like to see in " BTTF Predictions: Episode 2"?

edited February 2011 in Back to the Future
As some of you may or may not know, Toneiiblue, Milkman08, SilverWolfPet, and I have started an "I wonder what happens"-like series for BTTF. Production for the next episode is starting soon, and I want to make it much better than the last one.

So, what do you all want to see? What do you think will happen? Any lines, characters, setting that you have to see? And, most important, any voices you want to do? Now I'm looking for a Kid Tannen, Arthur McFly, and Kid Tannen's goons. There is no set script yet, so I'll consider anything anyone comes up with!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    The first one wasn't bad, but I noticed it wasn't nearly as crazy as the IWWHs. Don't be afraid to do stuff that you know won't happen in the game, because that's when it gets funny. (Example:the screaming narwhal tied to a rocket in episode 1 of IWWH)
  • edited December 2010
    the second episode's called "get tannen". dont think of the title as "get him", think of it as "become tannen". (does this make any sense, i mean i see it just like "get rich" or "get famous")

marty could disguise himself as kid tannen and could do all kinds of crazy stuff, hitting on edna and so on.
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    the second episode's called "get tannen". dont think of the title as "get him", think of it as "become tannen". (does this make any sense, i mean i see it just like "get rich" or "get famous")

marty could disguise himself as kid tannen and could do all kinds of crazy stuff, hitting on edna and so on.

I'm really liking the sound of this, Marty as Tannen could get a lot of laughs and would just be cool to animate. I was thinking of doing one joke kind of like this, but not really, based on a real misunderstanding I experienced involving BTTF.
  • edited December 2010
    *Wrong thread for my post, sorry :(*
  • edited December 2010
    Tannen sounds like tanning make of that what you will;)
  • edited December 2010
    My two cents of comedy for this is as follows:

At the end of your second short film, perhaps Doc can exclaim somthing similar to "Oh heavens! I dropped by note book back at my old house!" Then, before Marty can say too much, a duplicate DeLorean shows up and an estatic Doc and Marty exit this second vehical saying "Woo-hoo, we got the book back in time!" then the newly arrived Doc and original Doc can both say "Drat, I've seen myself again, I hate it when that happens."

Hows that for an ending eh? ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Gumbyfan wrote: »
    My two cents of comedy for this is as follows:

At the end of your second short film, perhaps Doc can exclaim somthing similar to "Oh heavens! I dropped by note book back at my old house!" Then, before Marty can say too much, a duplicate DeLorean shows up and an estatic Doc and Marty exit this second vehical saying "Woo-hoo, we got the book back in time!" then the newly arrived Doc and original Doc can both say "Drat, I've seen myself again, I hate it when that happens."

Hows that for an ending eh? ;)

Although that may work better in, say, the "Double Visions" episode, I do like the idea and love that last line.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd like to see a peek at the alternate 1986 caused by Marty's actions in Episode 1. We know that Arthur McFly undoubtedly goes to prison, but it's possible that Kid Tannen avoids prison as a result, resulting in a different life for his son Biff - not just a better life, but one without George McFly.

Marty: Maybe I should just give up. Maybe the timeline won't be so bad without my dad or me.
    Present-Day Doc: Think about it, Marty! If your Grandfather goes to prison instead of Kid, that means Kid's son leads a better life! One where he lives with his father! One without YOUR father!
    [quick scene showing 1986 Biff's new successful life in a world even worse than 1985A from Part II - perhaps Biff rules the entire planet]
    Marty: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Doc: Exactly.
  • edited December 2010
    LOL Mathman that was a neat video for the predictions to the first episode. The whole thing especially the last part gave me a big Home Movies vibe.

The second episode seems like it will play out like the final third of the second movie where Marty and Doc have to go back to where they were before and fix things. Have to make sure that both Arthur McFly and Jennifer's grandfather don't die.
  • edited December 2010
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Although that may work better in, say, the "Double Visions" episode, I do like the idea and love that last line.

Thanks, Mathman77. It is nice to know that you thought about my idea. :)
  • edited December 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    I'd like to see a peek at the alternate 1986 caused by Marty's actions in Episode 1. We know that Arthur McFly undoubtedly goes to prison, but it's possible that Kid Tannen avoids prison as a result, resulting in a different life for his son Biff - not just a better life, but one without George McFly.

I never was planning to show the alternate future from this timeline, but you are on to something. A future without McFlys and Biff leading a good life... now I have to involve that somehow!
  • edited December 2010
    I never was planning to show the alternate future from this timeline, but you are on to something. A future without McFlys and Biff leading a good life... now I have to involve that somehow!

Holy crap! I've just thought of the logical conclusion! Biff lives a normal but better life (a better version of his life at the start of the first movie)... and his daughter Tiff starts helping Doc instead of Marty!
  • edited December 2010
    Holy crap! I've just thought of the logical conclusion! Biff lives a normal but better life (a better version of his life at the start of the first movie)... and his daughter Tiff starts helping Doc instead of Marty!

And Doc, living a friendless life, builds a time machine and goes to 1931 to make sure his younger self has a friend in the future, causing the McFlys to carry on into the future. Huge paradox, but three Docs in the same place!
  • edited December 2010
    And Doc, living a friendless life, builds a time machine and goes to 1931 to make sure his younger self has a friend in the future, causing the McFlys to carry on into the future. Huge paradox, but three Docs in the same place!

But that would result in Post-Movies Doc starting to fade away like Marty, since the fading of Marty has set Doc's past self from the hiring on an assistant onward on a new path. Fading Marty and Fading Doc could still set things right, which would cause Friendless Doc to fade away himself.

That could work, but it's probably better to keep things simple, with a brief sequence showing Better Life Biff and Doc's Assistant Tiff in an alternate world that isn't too bad but pisses off Marty ("Not on my goddamn watch!").
  • edited December 2010
    But that would result in Post-Movies Doc starting to fade away like Marty, since the fading of Marty has set Doc's past self from the hiring on an assistant onward on a new path. Fading Marty and Fading Doc could still set things right, which would cause Friendless Doc to fade away himself.

That could work, but it's probably better to keep things simple, with a brief sequence showing Better Life Biff and Doc's Assistant Tiff in an alternate world that isn't too bad but pisses off Marty ("Not on my goddamn watch!").

Ya, it was just an example. I could never pull of anything so complex.

Doc: Just imagine the effects on Biff's future!
    (Marty imagines Biff depressed because he has no one to bully)
    Marty: Eh, can't be that bad
  • edited December 2010
    Ya, it was just an example. I could never pull of anything so complex.

Doc: Just imagine the effects on Biff's future!
    (Marty imagines Biff depressed because he has no one to bully)
    Marty: Eh, can't be that bad

Doc: But what about his daughter?
    (Marty imagines Tiff in Twin Pines Mall, punching out Doc and stealing the Delorean)
    Marty: ...Kid's going down.

Actually, that's given me another idea. If you ever show an alternate version of Twin Pines/Lone Pine mall, you could change the name and logo to something new to show how much history has been messed up. Like 'Three Pines Mall' or 'No Pines Mall'.
  • edited December 2010
    I've already started work on some parts of the alternate future in Citizen Brown. Doc is going to have some great lines in that one! I haven't thought of the mall yet; maybe Pineless Mall.
  • edited December 2010
    mathman77, dude, you may create whatever you wish... but if you give young doc (me) super-duper-complex lines like in the game "H to the A multiplied by the inverse of A...bla bla"... I will personally come to your house, break one of your legs and chase you around the neighborhood.

Just sayin'...just sayin'...

:p
  • edited December 2010
    mathman77, dude, you may create whatever you wish... but if you give young doc (me) super-duper-complex lines like in the game "H to the A multiplied by the inverse of A...bla bla"... I will personally come to your house, break one of your legs and chase you around the neighborhood.

Just sayin'...just sayin'...

:p

Don't worry. I'm mulling over the script/ creating backgrounds right now (I'll send some you some stuff tomorrow). I'm having a hard time trying to incorperate Young Doc, with the whole "can't be seen by past Marty" thing going on. He may only get one line, but I can promise it will be one of the funnier ones.
  • edited December 2010
    I would like to see more of town square and the clock tower, maybe even martys house
  • edited December 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    I would like to see more of town square and the clock tower, maybe even martys house

The town square and court house will definently be in the next episode. Marty's house may appear in another episode.

On a side note, I loved Marty's room in the game. The posters and small Sam and Max reference = brilliant. Animating that would be cool, even if I don't use it in the cartoons!
  • edited December 2010
    at some point you should have future doc suddenly show up in the delorean

Doc: Marty! Marty! It's amazing, I've found the answer!
    Marty: What answer!? To what question!?
    Doc:I now know what the secret of monkey island is... The secret is... (episode ends)
  • edited December 2010
    I don't care about the plot that much. I just want to see much harder puzzles that we had in the first episode. :p
  • edited December 2010
    A new Biff that is even more evil than Alternate 1985 Biff.
  • edited January 2011
    at some point you should have future doc suddenly show up in the delorean

Doc: Marty! Marty! It's amazing, I've found the answer!
    Marty: What answer!? To what question!?
    Doc:I now know what the secret of monkey island is... The secret is... (episode ends)

This one made me smile. It's a great idea, but I probably won't use it. One idea for "Get Tannen" I had was to have Marty come up with the idea to get Arthur a good lawyer for court, and Stan from MI would have a brief cameo. There was no good reason for it, so I cut it out.
    Testikkeli wrote:
    I don't care about the plot that much. I just want to see much harder puzzles that we had in the first episode.

May not be the place to put this, but I totally agree.
    A new Biff that is even more evil than Alternate 1985 Biff.

He could get worse!?! It's a good idea, but may not happen in this episode. Something must happen to Kid Tannen, which could affect the future at a later point. He could become the new Hitler, killing all the buttheads in the world. No, too dark.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't know about epi 2, but I'm pretty sure in Epi 3 if there are ever 2 Emmet Brown's, Marty will say something like "Holy crap, you've created a Pair o Docs!"
  • edited January 2011
    Kolgax wrote: »
    I don't know about epi 2, but I'm pretty sure in Epi 3 if there are ever 2 Emmet Brown's, Marty will say something like "Holy crap, you've created a Pair o Docs!"

OMG! now that you say it, it feels like the entire series could have been built around that particular joke LOLOL!!
  • edited January 2011
    Kolgax wrote: »

If I get the oppertunity, I'm using that line!
  • edited January 2011
    If anyone (and I mean anyone) wants to do voices, there still may be openings. So far I only have one person who is going to audition!
  • edited January 2011
    Still no new volenteers for voice acting? Nothing?

If any colaberators see this, the official script is coming tomorrow. I think I managed to put in a few suggestions from this forum, so thanks!
  • edited January 2011
    I know everyone is dying in anticipation for my next vid (sarcasm), but I just wanted it to be known it won't be done until February. Early February. That is all.

Oh, and still have no recorded lines for Kid Tannen...
  • edited February 2011
    Video's coming out this week. I'll post it here and rename the thread. Start getting excited... now. It's better than the first, I promise. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Yaaaay, awesome! :D
  • edited February 2011
    Yaaaay, awesome! :D

Well, at least my favorite voice actor is excited. :D

This weekend shall be the release. The voiceovers are sent, the tracks have been mastered, the animator has got to hurry up and sync everything correctly.

I feel like I only post my progress here for my own strange reasons. No one cares about the progress, only the finished product! :rolleyes:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.