BTTF game trouble

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Just bought and downloaded BTTF. After unzipping it. NOTHING happens. when i click to run it. It looks like it opens but nothing happens.

Im running on a mac.

HELP!!!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    unzip it with finder
  • edited December 2010
    I have un zipped it. Im not sure how to unzipp it with finder. Im using zipeg
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Right-click on the file and pick "Open With DiskImageMounter".
    That should work.
    Additionally, if you right-click on the file and click on "Get Info", you will be able to change the default application that opens .dmg files (if you're so inclined), so that a simple double click would be enough next time.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok well that let me open it, sorta.

Now it takes me to the log in screen. And after I have logged in and hit play. The music plays the opening tune. But nothing comes up on the screen.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm having a similar problem. I get no login screen at all and my menu bar disappears. I've tried redownloading, and I've tried turning Wi-Fi on and off. No luck.
    edited December 2010
    Now it takes me to the log in screen. And after I have logged in and hit play. The music plays the opening tune. But nothing comes up on the screen.

That's happened to me before.
    Did you try (once you hear the opening tune) to click on the BTTF icon in the dock?
    Also, once you've launched the game, you might want to try using command-f to switch from fullscreen to non-fullscreen (maybe the game's preset resolution disagrees with your Mac's) and change the game's resolution in the menu.
    edited December 2010
    kwhipps wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem. I get no login screen at all and my menu bar disappears. I've tried redownloading, and I've tried turning Wi-Fi on and off. No luck.

Quoting myself from another thread:
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Did you unzip the episode using a third-party application?
    Apparently, it causes problems that unzipping with Finder does not.
  • edited December 2010
    That's happened to me before.
    Also, once you've launched the game, you might want to try using command-f to switch from fullscreen to non-fullscreen (maybe the game's preset resolution disagrees with your Mac's) and change the game's resolution in the menu.

That did it. THanks alot!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Damn. ran great for like an hour. closed it took care of some things and now im back to the same problem I had before. only this time its not command F is not working.
  • edited December 2010
    Quoting myself from another thread:

I downloaded from Safari and it unzipped from there automatically using Finder. No luck. I've also tried the fullscreen thing and that didn't work either.

Any other thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.