About Tycho's wife...

Well... I searched it but I didn't see anything about it so...

There's a line in the game that bugs me.
I'll try to write it down as best as I remember it so bear with me:

Heavy: You have a wife ?
Tycho: Not with me, no. But yeah, I have a wife.
Heavy: She is pretty ?
Tycho: The best. blah blah blah, red hair.
Heavy: She has the red hair ?
Tycho: No. She is not from the other team. You don't have to kill her.
Heavy: No, but I love the red hair.
Then the conversation continues.

That last line from Tycho is the one that bugs me. Why would Tycho think Heavy is going to kill Tycho's wife ?
She is red-haired. He is from the red team.
So, if anything, Heavy would be very friendly to Tycho's wife just like he is very friendly to Strong Bad.
Can somebody explain this to me ?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Same here. I didnt get that. I think it is a screwup on telltales part.
  • edited December 2010
    I think Tycho says that because he thinks that Heavy might think that she is a traitor of the red team and that she is on the blue team.

At least, that's how I see it.
  • edited January 2011
    Kassie236 wrote: »
    I think Tycho says that because he thinks that Heavy might think that she is a traitor of the red team and that she is on the blue team.

At least, that's how I see it.

Maybe he just forgot that Heavy was on the red team.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe Tycho's just paranoid, thinking the only reason Heavy would take an interest in somebody is to kill them. If that were the case, the red hair would be interesting because it'd be one means of identifying her.
  • edited January 2011
    furrykef wrote: »
    Maybe Tycho's just paranoid, thinking the only reason Heavy would take an interest in somebody is to kill them. If that were the case, the red hair would be interesting because it'd be one means of identifying her.

I think that might be it.
  • edited January 2011
    Then again, Tycho wears a BLU sweater.

I think i just divided this zero.
  • edited January 2011
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Then again, Tycho wears a BLU sweater.

I think i just divided this zero.

That could further the "he might think she betrayed the RED team" theory. RED team married to BLU team=death.
  • edited January 2011
    plrichard wrote: »
    That could further the "he might think she betrayed the RED team" theory. RED team married to BLU team=death.

IMPOSSIBLE LOVE. How romantic.
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    IMPOSSIBLE LOVE. How romantic.

Spoiler alert:
    One of them is a spy.
  • edited January 2011
    plrichard wrote: »
    Ah, that could be it.
    Not explained enough in-game but that's a good reason.
  • edited January 2011
    I figured Tycho misinterpreted the heavy saying 'she has the red hair?' as if he were saying something similar to 'she has the red intel?' before the heavy clarifies his astonishment but I dunno tho
  • edited January 2011
    redm wrote: »
    I figured Tycho misinterpreted the heavy saying 'she has the red hair?' as if he were saying something similar to 'she has the red intel?' before the heavy clarifies his astonishment but I dunno tho

How convoluted yet reasonable this explanation is, I'll stick with the reaction being born from paranoid nature of Tycho's personality and nothing else.
  • edited January 2011
    Tycho has a wife
  • edited January 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    Tycho has a wife

Yeah and Gabe has a child(right?)
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah and Gabe has a child(right?)

They both have children. I'm pretty sure Gabe just has a son, and Tycho has a a little boy and girl.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.