How Does Doc Brown Ring in the New Year?

edited January 2011 in Back to the Future
Even as a little kid, I always figured New Year's Eve was Doc's favorite holiday for obvious reasons. But just how does he ring it in? He must do something goofy? In a BTTF fanfic that I wrote (it's on fanfiction.net under the name FemaleDoc), which I now cringe when I look at because I can write so much better now, I wrote that the kids spread rumors that Doc sacrifices goats to Satan on New Year's Eve. Well, I'm sure he doesn't do that, but he must do something spectacular and funny. Just what does he do?

Be creative in your ideas...

GO!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    He builds a scale model of Times Square and the ball drop, but he doesn't have time to paint it before midnight. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Everyone knows he doesn't sacrifice goats to Satan. He sacrifices octopi to Cthulu, of course!
  • edited January 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Everyone knows he doesn't sacrifice goats to Satan. He sacrifices octopi to Cthulu, of course!

He sacrifices SOMETHING to Father Time. ;)

Anyway in all seriousness, come up with something creative but realistic. :)
  • edited January 2011
    FemaleDoc wrote: »
    He sacrifices SOMETHING to Father Time. ;)

Clocks. He has so many so he doesn't have to get a new one every year!

In all seriousness, I imagine him throwing some huge party with music blaring over that huge speaker. He is a scientist, so he probably makes some cool pyrotechnics for midnight.
  • edited January 2011
    I think he goes to every New Years Eve that he's been alive, ending at the New Year.
  • edited January 2011
    hmmm...How does my Buddy Doc ring in the new year? well we know Whisky is out of the question, as the Bartender said in 1885, "you know what happened on the 4th of July"..lol so maybe Fuzed the New Years Eve Ball with 1.21 Jiggowatts that completely blows out the power at Times square. or maybe just simply celebrate with Marty, Clara, and the kids in different time periods of their choosing...you gotta love Doc! ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Well, I don't know about Doc but if I had a time machine to use, I would celebrate the new year by going back to December 31st 1999 sneaking into a power station using my invisbility potion (of course id have to go some time into the future to get this first, but you know they will have it at some point in the future) :D and shut the power off the freak everyone out about Y2K. SCREW PARADOXES!!!! :p
  • edited January 2011
    Doc's a packrat. I think he goes through all the stuff he's collected over the years and gets lost in nostalgia. Who doesn't love to do that? Also, FemaleDoc, your story was not only the best prequel of Back To The Future I've read, but also the best Back To The Future fan fiction I've ever read.
  • edited January 2011
    Julianne wrote: »
    Doc's a packrat. I think he goes through all the stuff he's collected over the years and gets lost in nostalgia. Who doesn't love to do that? Also, FemaleDoc, your story was not only the best prequel of Back To The Future I've read, but also the best Back To The Future fan fiction I've ever read.

Thanks. However I cringe when I look at it now. The story itself is good but the writing isn't. I might redo it someday, however, I have more important work to do, like getting some original writing published.

If you want to see excellent BTTF fanfic, some much better than anything I could have dreamed of writing, go to www.mj-holmes.com and read "Until the End of Time."

Thanks, though, for your kind words.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.