Back to the future not working

edited January 2011 in Game Support
I bought the game downloaded and installed it without a problem and then I get a notice saying it can't initialize the direct 3D and that I need pixel shader version 1.4 or higher. I tried updating my driver but then I found out that my driver is outdated and useless. is there any way around this without having to buy a new video card driver? if not then where should I get one, what brand should I get, and how much will it cost?

P.S. I also checked if I have a up to date version for directx and I do.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I can take a look at it.

Please post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited January 2011
    well I already know that my driver needs to be updated for I have already e-mailed telltale and they said that my driver needed to be updated, but then I shortly found out that intell who made the driver had posted something on their website saying that they are discontinuing the model. So I just need to know if there is some loop hole that will still allow me to play the game or if I need to get a new driver all together.
  • edited January 2011
    A driver is a bit of software... just download the latest software for your graphics card.

Tell us the make and model.
  • edited January 2011
    i dont think this can be fixed with a driver update, your card has to support ps 1.4 at least, it more a hardware-thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_shader#Compatibility
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Aczumel wrote: »
    So I just need to know if there is some loop hole that will still allow me to play the game or if I need to get a new driver all together.

Is it a notebook or a desktop?

Still a dxdiag log would be useful. We can't recommend much without knowing anything about your system.
  • edited January 2011
    When I try to start a new game of BttF i immediately get a msg that the program has stopped working. Windows is supposed to check for a soln but there is no news of any kind.
This discussion has been closed.