What would BttF The Game look like if it was made by the fans?

edited January 2011 in Back to the Future
Ok, so assuming that Telltale implemented EVERY SINGLE THING fans here have asked/demanded for, what would that game look/play like? Do your best to describe it.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Spykes wrote: »
    Ok, so assuming that Telltale implemented EVERY SINGLE THING fans here have asked/demanded for, what would that game look/play like? Do your best to describe it.

Piece of shit.
  • edited January 2011
    MUST... RESIST... MAKING... SHAMELESS... PLUG... AGH!!

Anyway, like our project, but with better gameplay and getting a better engine than GTA-VC :p

But aren't both being made by the fans, anyway?
  • edited January 2011
    Farlander wrote: »
    Piece of shit.
    Agreed 100%. As much as we may complain about the easy puzzles or this or that, there's a reason the guys over at Telltale are making the game, and, uh... we're not.

That said, that doesn't mean we shouldn't share out honest opinions about the game. Hopefully, Telltale will take any good suggestions to heart to improve the game in future episodes.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, if we're assuming real world, you wouldn't have a game at all, because most of us aren't programmers. But if you pretend that we are, the game would be a jumbled pile of garbage, because different people want different things, and to put it all in there would vastly increase the scope of the game, as well as put certain parts of it into direct conflict with other parts of it.

Then if you ignore that and assume we could find a happy medium, the question becomes, how much time/money are we afforded to develop said game? Because real world, there are a number of things that I feel Telltale could have added that I think nobody would disagree with, which odds are Telltale could have thought of and maybe did think to implement themselves, only to run into constraints on budget and/or development time.

So it really depends on how much you want to ignore reality.
  • edited January 2011
    backtothefuture.gif

:p

(from here)
  • edited January 2011
    I probably wouldn't have played it for longer than a few minutes.
  • edited January 2011
    Would it have been possible _at all_ to make a game meeting all those...demands?
  • edited January 2011
    What demands are being made anyway?
  • edited January 2011
    We demand that demarcation may or may not be the problem!
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »

• edited January 2011
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    MUST... RESIST... MAKING... SHAMELESS... PLUG... AGH!!

Anyway, like our project, but with better gameplay and getting a better engine than GTA-VC :p

But aren't both being made by the fans, anyway?

Too true. And I have to say, I love both BTTF:TG from TellTale AND the GTA:Hill Valley mod because they exist on two ends of the spectrum that appeal to me. One end being the one that wanted a good official BTTF game that continued the story, the other being the part that wants to drive the DeLorean around and cause havoc. :p :D
  • edited January 2011
    A free-roaming GTA rip-off exclusive to the Xbox 360 where Doc and Marty (voiced by Michael J. Fox, who was kidnapped and forced at gunpoint to record his lines after he initially declined), both given Liefeldian physiques and decked with machine guns, go on a quest to kill every member of the Tannen family one at a time.

...Good thing it's being developed by Telltale.
  • edited January 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    backtothefuture.gif

(from here)

I would be okay with this.
  • edited January 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    backtothefuture.gif

(from here)

That should be the DS version. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    I think a lot of people think it should be like this..... While I love GTA as much as the next gamer... this would have made me sad.

gtbttf.jpg

bttgta.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Well I am sure it would be far to ambitious for its own good, but I think something more open ended with the ability to use the Delorean to travel through time at will.
  • edited January 2011
    If a company would want to make a game fullfilling ALL the fan wishes..it would make Duke Nukem forever look like a quick release :)
  • edited January 2011
    lol @irishsmile, you have to post this in the art-thread :D
  • edited January 2011
    Cyphox wrote: »
    lol @irishsmile, you have to post this in the art-thread :D

done.
  • edited January 2011
    Young Mrs. Strickland is so hot...
  • edited January 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    Young Mrs. Strickland is so hot...

She is fearless and confident and that is certainly attractive.... but I would have to see how she would translate into as a REAL person to really say if she was "hot" or not.
  • edited January 2011
    I think a lot of people think it should be like this..... While I love GTA as much as the next gamer... this would have made me sad.

gtbttf.jpg

bttgta.jpg

Irishmile wins the thread.

Forever.
  • edited January 2011
    I will say that that HUD is a lot less....obtrusive. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Don't forget that it would be Xbox only, and the only thing released would be Free. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    I agree Irishmile wins forever.
  • edited January 2011
    pwndtothefuture.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    :rolleyes:...anyways....

That's why I befriended that one guy named Irishmile...

EDIT: Wait...we're not friends? Son of a ****!
  • edited January 2011
    I accept any friend request I get here.... even if I do not understand the point of it :D
  • edited January 2011
    pwndtothefuture.jpg

Irishmile, you are so full of win!
  • edited January 2011
    pwndtothefuture.jpg

It's as if Back to the Future met Terminator. Scarred for life, but it's worth it. XD
  • edited January 2011
    That body isn't the Terminator. It's Duke Nukem!
  • edited January 2011
    It's as if Back to the Future met Terminator. Scarred for life, but it's worth it. XD

For shame! You sir are stripped of your Official Nerd Credentials for a month. You'll be required to take a multiple choice quiz on late 80's to mid 90's PC gaming to get them back.
  • edited January 2011
    This is one of the few threads in BTTF that doesn't spoil anything. So, I bumped the thread. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.