Poker Night causes computer to freeze

edited January 2011 in Game Support
Sent an e-mail about a month back and the problem has only worsened and spread to at least one other game, so I thought I'd post my grievance here.

Long story short, playing Poker Night causes my computer to freeze with the screen going black, keyboard being unresponsive, and what ever sound is playing skips for about 5 seconds before stopping. The only way to fix it is a hard reset. It used to be I could play for a 10 minutes, now it just outright crashes at the main menu. I have already verified the game cache filed, did cache file defragmentation, and have uninstalled, then reinstalled the game. It still crashes.

Worse yet, the issue has spread to Team Fortress 2, this only really started when I won one of the items which transferred over so I can't see it as a coincidence.

My hardware is the following,
MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Ver 10.6.5
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

I have also preformed a hardware check and there are no issues with my computer.

If I could get any assistance, it would be appreciated.

Edit: It should be noted that this is different from what other people have reported since there is no sound, or any sort of response from the computer. While the major issue was only no visuals from previous complaints. Except for this individual.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=415209&postcount=121

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Also, here's a crash log for Amy to scan through. It's from a Team Fortress 2 freeze, but the type of problem is exactly the same and I don't really want to intentionally crash my computer unless necessary.
  • edited January 2011
    I have the same model mac - long story short after 2 weeks of debugging, i decided to take it to the apple store, they attempted to run tomi and bttf on their store macs - same models and using my HD in target disk mode and they could not replicate the crash - they ultimately had to replace my logic board. I think that there might be an issue with earlier revisions of the mac that they later fixed - I got mine on launch day of the i7 so.. im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

When did you get yours? Around April - May last year?

Chris
This discussion has been closed.