Bug in Episode 4 endgame (note- spoilers)

edited April 2007 in Game Support
I was playing through Abe Lincoln Must Die! when a bug happened to me- as I threw the beacon onto the galloping Lincoln, the game briefly took control out of my hands and ran a couple lines of dialogue between Sam & Max ("Better hope he doesn't gnaw his back off trying to remove that beacon!" or something). Anyway, right near the very end of those dialogue lines, I realized that while I couldn't see my mouse cursor, the buttons on the screen allowing me to quickly go from driving mode to another game area would still highlight, so I moved the phantom cursor over the White House button and clicked, thereby interrupting the dialogue and taking me back to Max's new office. Unfortunately, I assume the trigger that says "Lincoln.Beacon=1" (or whatever) isn't set to activate until after the dialogue is finished, since when I went back to the War Room (the beacon now gone from my inventory), the targeting computer still showed the view of Bosco's shop, the beacon was not on Abe's back, and the actual inconvenience store area was completely devoid of beacons as well. Lucky for me, I had recently saved, since going back and letting those dialogue lines finish was the only way I could complete the game.

The good thing is that (from my very limited knowledge of game design), this should be an easy fix for you guys- just setting the trigger to activate as soon as the dialogue lines start- but as of now, it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    A better fix would probably be to hide the icons during that dialog, as they're supposed to go away during cutscenes, but thanks for the heads up! I'll pass this along.
  • edited February 2007
    Perfect. Thank you so much.
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for pointing this out! It's been fixed, and though I don't know if it'll make it into the release on Telltale's site, it'll eventually get rolled into a patched release.
  • edited February 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing this out! It's been fixed, and though I don't know if it'll make it into the release on Telltale's site, it'll eventually get rolled into a patched release.

Out of curiosity, what exactly was the fix?
    edited February 2007
    The UI hides itself properly now until after the dialog is over. It shouldn't have come back on screen when it did.
  • edited February 2007
    I'm glad to know that in some small way, I helped make Sam & Max a better game.
  • edited April 2007
    Hi,

I'm now stuck with the same problem as adg1034. As Jake said this problem was fixed in a patched release, I tried to find that patch but no luck (I then downloaded the game again but this was also V1.0). So where do I find that patch?

Bye,
    Elwood
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    We have not released the updated version yet, sorry. It'll be fixed in the disk version (and I expect at that point we'll be releasing fixed downloads, too).
  • edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    We have not released the updated version yet, sorry. It'll be fixed in the disk version (and I expect at that point we'll be releasing fixed downloads, too).

Will this be fixed in the GameTap ver too? I'm stuck at the same point and I have GT.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    I'm not sure how the updates are going to work, but it seems like if we're going to fix it anyway, we'll probably fix it in both versions.

Unfortunately I don't think we can provide saved games for GameTap's version because the save system works differently. Can you go back to an earlier save?
This discussion has been closed.