bought 2 games

edited January 2011 in Back to the Future
hello

I bought 2 games and one was for myself and the other was for my friends secret santa gift. I installed my version of the game on my pc and since I can't go online often, how do I go about playing offline. How do I go about giving the other cd key to my friend so he can play the game.

I'm using Windows 7 ultimate 64bit running an i7. My friend is running a core 2 duo using xp pro

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I don't think the game alows you to play offline because of telltale's new gaming menu format/acessing of said game. So did try logging in with your account?
  • edited January 2011
    Telltale games only have to be connected to the Internet when activated. Once that is done, you can play it whenever you like, online or offline.
    This is only for TTG to know how many times your particular copy has been installed. A measure against piracy, I guess.
    EDIT: Oh sorry, I might not be the case with BTTF. Have they changed it?

If you bought a gift, you should've received a key code with that. Mail it or otherwise give it to your friend. If I remember correctly, you paste the code into the window for coupon codes when you check out your purchased products, and it will automatically remove the cost for the gifted product from the total price if it's in the cart.
  • edited January 2011
    EDIT: Oh sorry, I might not be the case with BTTF. Have they changed it?

No, I've played the game offline before. Nothing's changed; as long as it's activated, you're good.
  • edited January 2011
    Thread closed as the issue has been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.