BTTF - Won't Load the Menu Screen

edited February 2011 in Game Support
Hiya, i've bought and have been enjoying BTTF through Steam, and everything has been working fine, but this morning i try to load it and i get "backtothefuture101.exe has stopped working"

I do get a quick flash of the flux loading icon in the corner, but then it crashes out.

I've tried deleting the game and redownloading it, i've tried deleting the telltale folder in users to wipe the prefs, but nothing..

Can anyone help?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Gravious wrote: »
    Hiya, i've bought and have been enjoying BTTF through Steam, and everything has been working fine, but this morning i try to load it and i get "backtothefuture101.exe has stopped working"

I do get a quick flash of the flux loading icon in the corner, but then it crashes out.

I've tried deleting the game and redownloading it, i've tried deleting the telltale folder in users to wipe the prefs, but nothing..

Can anyone help?

I get the exact same problem and am running the game via steam on Windows 7.

It worked fine for the first week or so but now whenever I try to load I get the loading logo then a white screen with the same text as mentioned in the quote.

Help please? There are no answers to this on the steam game forum for this product / issue? :(

Thanks in advance. :cool:
  • edited January 2011
    i have the exact same problem with mine, i was able to play it last night but then this morning it did the exact sme thing to me, somebody please help me out here
  • edited February 2011
    *bump*

Still happens...DL'ng EP2 to see if that works... :(

Come on Telltale give us an answer plz?
  • edited February 2011
    *shocked update*

Nah DL finished and the next episode doesn't work either :(

It's really annoying not just because I paid for this but I was actually quite enjoying episode 1...and ep2 was a pleasant surprise until a few mins ago.

Running Win7 - 64bit
    4gig RAM
    Nvidia 460
  • edited February 2011
    Cartay wrote: »
    *shocked update*

Nah DL finished and the next episode doesn't work either :(

It's really annoying not just because I paid for this but I was actually quite enjoying episode 1...and ep2 was a pleasant surprise until a few mins ago.

Running Win7 - 64bit
    4gig RAM
    Nvidia 460

Did you get the manual update from steam a few weeks back?
  • edited February 2011
    I had the same problem. If you guys are on Win7/Vista. Right click and choose Run as Administrator. That fixes the problem for me
  • edited February 2011
    Yes, thank you Amy, I did get the manual update off of steam, no difference.

I've since uninstalled and reinstalled, no difference.

I've tried a DirectX update, no difference.

I've even tried the admin rights thing out of desperation but even that doesn't work.

The final straw was emailing telltale who have sent me the std "we've got ur email" type of reply with no help whatsoever.

Gutted. I almost wished I'd bought the game on PS3 now instead :(
This discussion has been closed.