episode 4: bug report *spoilers*

edited April 2007 in Game Support
well done this time around............ this time around the game seemed much longer and this was the first episode that actually had me walking an circles scratching my head on a few occasions, and to add to my good report on the game i only noticed a few obvious bugs

the first was in the ending scene on the street............i noticed that a large section of the street was missing, THERE WAS A HUGE HOLE IN THE SCENE between the desoto and where lincon and chuckles bodies are with blackness where the street whoud be (pics below)

the second is bosco talking about needing funding for his missile defence system even after you give him the money for it

i also noticed that the game makes an un-necessary save and fills up a blank save slot when you give the truth serum to whizzer and provoke the war............... while it is funny to watch the war song a few times, it is not funny to see a bunch saves filling up a million slots all in the same spot that i did not even make

and lastly i think that this game has the same memory leak that episode 3 had, causing the game to skip frames in certain locations................ does anyone else agree?

4ih2c93.jpg

4g5ers5.jpg

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Did you click through the dialogue in the ending sequence? I think that's what causes that black hole. Yeah, it's a bug, and I think the programmers are aware of it.

Regarding the save slot, we put it there because we thought people would want to watch the war song again. You can always save over it. :)
  • edited March 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Regarding the save slot, we put it there because we thought people would want to watch the war song again. You can always save over it. :)
    You're missing the point. Apparantly, each time you get to the war song it makes a new save in a new slot, even if you've just loaded from such a save. This is especially bad since you can't delete saves in-game..
  • edited March 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Did you click through the dialogue in the ending sequence? I think that's what causes that black hole. Yeah, it's a bug, and I think the programmers are aware of it.

I had that Problem too, but i did not click through the dialogue.

And you're right! I wanted to watch that part again, and i'm really thankful, that you put an autosave there, but once would have been enough ;)
  • edited March 2007
    no i did not click through the dialoge............. and i know that this is not a performance issue, becuse my laptop can crush these games on 1024x768 on high graphic quality

and as far as i can tell there is no real lag issue with this episode (my computer must have been on the fritz when i first played) the only lag i noticed the second time through was while sam was talking to superball in the begining of the game and some of the tv announcers lines were skipping during the election............. all the rest of the game was a fluid as a mountain spring

*UPDATE* the "black hole glitch" seems to be related to the multiplying savegame created before the war scene. if you play the game from the begining and do not load from one of those save games at any point, you get the black hole in the end scene................. but if you load the game from that save and play it to the end from there, then the end scene is complete and has no black hole

yes i have confirmed this................. i played the game from the start and saved the game with sam standing in front of the "fire button" poised to blow up lincoln.................. i then closed the game and restated it (to make sure this is not related to memory lag in some way) and loaded my save, there was a black hole in the end scene
  • edited March 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    This is especially bad since you can't delete saves in-game..
    I was messing about earlier, and found out you can. Just try right-clicking the files you don't want, and it'll ask you if you're sure you want to delete the files.

It could be better documented, but its there at least.
  • edited March 2007
    Thanks, nice catch! Maybe it was originally intended for debug purposes only or something. Here's a trick I've found out: if you rename your saves (out-of-game, obviously) they still work, with the new name visible from the load menu (though they may get moved to the last savegame page in the process).
  • edited March 2007
    A very minor glitch:
    Use the
    organic listening device
    on the
    cookies
    in the
    War Room
  • edited April 2007
    i just noticed that there is some missing dialoge in the telltale website version of the game

in the gametap version you can click on agent superball while he is on the phone and he will talk to you (he says something like, " cant talk now, im on the phone" and sam says, "oh, sorry for interupting")

but in the telltale website version, when you click on superball while he is on the phone, all he does is look at you, and then he shakes his head (there is no dialoge)

another glitch is when you use the bug on the phone while it has hugh bliss voice on it, you never hear what the person on the other line has to say...... sam just hangs up after max says his "that is creepy" line

can both of these be fixed in the updated version?
  • RyanRyan Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    another glitch is when you use the bug on the phone while it has hugh bliss voice on it, you never hear what the person on the other line has to say...... sam just hangs up after max says his "that is creepy" line

The only time i found this to be true is when you call the Pizza Shop. The Whitehouse and Sybils have responsive dialog. I'm not sure this is a bug. Let me know if you find otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.