A bug on the Steam version

Right, I got my copy of Poker Night on Steam, and have been playing and having fun, but I've noticed two bugs.

The main one is that when I go to raise, I up the up meter (to say, $500). I then hit the raise button, which when highlighted shows the number I should be playing ($1,000) but instead I wind up raising by $1,000 instead of $500 and put $1,500 into the pot then $1,000. And wind up overbidding What's going on?

Secondly, it seems that the lower limit of raises is the lower of either the big blind or the largest raise to date. I've seen some youtube plays where minimum bet is much lower. Is it part of the rules that the minimum bet/raise is the larger of the big blind or the last raise?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it hasn't gotten rid of the bug. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Never heard of the former, the latter is correct to my knowledge.
  • edited February 2011
    I have not seen any bug yet.
  • edited February 2011
    MatrixTN wrote:
    Never heard of the former
    Pay attention to how much money is subtracted from your balance when you raise and the bug should be apparent. This bug has existed ever since the patch.
    Secondly, it seems that the lower limit of raises is the lower of either the big blind or the largest raise to date. I've seen some youtube plays where minimum bet is much lower. Is it part of the rules that the minimum bet/raise is the larger of the big blind or the last raise?
    This is a rule that they got wrong twice. In the first version of the game that was released, the minimum raise was always the size of the big blind, regardless of the size of the previous bet or raise. After the patch, all bets in a hand must be at least the size of the previous bet or raise.

The correct rule is: the size of the minimum raise must be the size of the previous bet or raise. The size of the minimum bet is the size of the big blind. In other words, the minimum bet size is supposed to reset on each betting round.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.