Ace of Cakes BttF episode tomorrow

edited February 2011 in Back to the Future
Tomorrow night is the final episode of Food Network's 'Ace of Cakes'. In the final episode, they are making a DeLorean cake for the BttF 25th Anniversary Party that (looks like it) took place after the Spike TV reunion.

Check your local listings if you're interested.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Spykes wrote: »
    Tomorrow night is the final episode of Food Network's 'Ace of Cakes'. In the final episode, they are making a DeLorean cake for the BttF 25th Anniversary Party that (looks like it) took place after the Spike TV reunion.

Check your local listings if you're interested.

They... cancelled Ace of Cakes?

DAMN YOU CAKE BOSS, THEY WERE SO MUCH BETTER THEN YOUUUU
  • edited February 2011
    Wait, cancelled...? NO! Agreed, I hate Cake Boss. Duff's just... a cool guy.

Well, best to end with a bang!
  • edited February 2011
    [The] final episode will showcase Charm City's cake for the 25th anniversary of 'Back to The Future.'

Once 'Cakes' wraps, don't expect Goldman and the crew to shy away from cameras. In his blog post, Goldman wrote,"Although we can't reveal too much yet, there are definitely plans afoot for some big things for us in the future. Some of those plans involve TV cameras, some don't. But believe you me, we aint [sic] going anywhere."

Food Network senior vice president Bob Tushman confirmed that the network is developing new show concepts for Goldman.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/11/22/ace-of-cakes-canceled-after-10-seasons/
  • edited February 2011
    Ah so it's like that Canadian desert chef... Ana Olson? who had the show "Sugar" that was canceled but then she got a more mainstream cooking show, and Jamie Oliver has about 4 diffrent shows and Nigela Lawson has a few as well Ace of Cakes is over but the team at Charm City Cakes will be back on the air eventualy.
  • edited February 2011
    The cake was pretty cool. It was the Delorean (with some weird thing where the hook connector and/or flux capacitor would be - not sure what that was all about, but the rest was good). They even had fire trails and stuff.

With regard to Ace of Cakes, I think it was cancelled because the entire staff there is drop dead boring. I mean combined they have literally no personality at all. You can fall asleep listening to their voices - it's almost comical how boring they are. No controversy, no flashy personalities, no energy.
  • edited February 2011
    bakntime wrote: »
    With regard to Ace of Cakes, I think it was cancelled because the entire staff there is drop dead boring. I mean combined they have literally no personality at all. You can fall asleep listening to their voices - it's almost comical how boring they are. No controversy, no flashy personalities, no energy.

I think you've been watching a different show then me.
  • edited February 2011
    Here's a pic of it.....

ace-of-cakes-back-to-the-future.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »

I wouldn't say the show was boring, rather just kind of annoying. Although I'm sure Duff has "paid his dues" and earned the success he's had, the show, to me, always made it look like he'd just pop in on projects as he felt like it and let his employees do most of the hard work.
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I'd love to hear which of the people in that shop have a personality that's "TV worthy." Not that they are necessarily boring people in "real life" but when it comes to the show, they are drop dead snoozers. It's not entertaining television.

If you love the show, that's fine with me, I can't argue that point. But I personally find the show incredibly lifeless.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.