...As a history major...

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
I can honestly say that this is the best Sam and Max episode ever! All the inside jokes that only a historian would get make this episode twice as funny.

I am going to force all of my history major friends to get out of the library and buy this game!

Thanks, Telltale.

/Maybe over Spring Break I'll get about explaining all of the inside references.
//But probably not.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    now impervious to bullets
  • edited March 2007
    Nice to hear, and quite typical indeed. As a mathematician I found it quite funny when Max said "I have not so much a personality matrix as a personality vector". You'd have to be quite the homo universalis to get absolutely every joke in Sam and Max. Why, even looking up such words as Lagomorph and Ptomaine can enhance your experience quite a bit.
  • edited March 2007
    I agree

... and, apparantly, I have to type 10 letters for my response to count. Pfft.
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, I agree, being a history student as well (hi!). But I assume most Americans have received a patriotic enough education to get most of the jokes as well.
  • edited March 2007
    Sadly, you're wrong on that front, Haggis. I think a typical 13 year old in Europe knows more about the US government than a college student here.
  • edited March 2007
    Sp0tted wrote: »
    Sadly, you're wrong on that front, Haggis. I think a typical 13 year old in Europe knows more about the US government than a college student here.

Don't make me find out where you live!
  • edited March 2007
    Sp0tted wrote: »

"We have a government?"
  • edited March 2007
    If that's what you want to call it, yes.
  • edited March 2007
    Sam:
    "...the presedent of the united state!"

Max:
    "Who?"

And still he
    can remember 100 digits in PI
    , that little guy really never stops to suprise me.
  • edited March 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    And still he
    can remember 100 digits in PI
    , that little guy really never stops to suprise me.

I know, it is impressive... I only know
    21 digits

This thread has inspired me to tell my history major cousin about these games... it also doesn't hurt that he is from North Dakota.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Pah! I knew five hundred decimal places back in high school. And that's nothing compared to the Japanese man who could memorize 100,000.
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    Don't you wish you could put that on a resume and have it count for something? :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.