EPISODE 5 playtest ... Thanks for coming!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
Hey!

If you live in the San Francisco area and have nothing to do tomorrow afternoon, why not spend a few hours at Telltale's office in San Rafael, playing through an early release of Episode 5?

We're doing a playtest / focus group for Sam & Max Episode 5, "Reality 2.0," tomorrow (Saturday, March 3rd) starting at Noon, and all who can attend are invited. We're looking for people to spend a few hours playing through as much of the episode as they can, then sitting down with Dave, Brendan and their fellow focus testers to hash out what did and didn't work for you in the game.

Though I know I don't have to try too hard to sell you on this, I can say that people who went to the last one did really enjoy themselves, and can attest to the fact that suggestions brought up in the focus group did make it into the final build! So it's not even a huge lie that we make up just to placate you! Also, as if that wasn't enough, there will be pizza and some sodas! And you can see the (now really gross) Grow-A-Pirate in person! That last part may be a deterrent in the end, but it's surely outweighed by the rest of the deal.

This is a once in a lifetime chance to be awesome and help make Sam & Max better at the same time.

If you're interested, please write to info@telltalegames.com and let Emily and I know that you can make it! We'll get back to you with precise information and location information.

See you tomorrow! (hopefully!)

Comments

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    jake spelled live wrong HA!
  • edited March 2007
    *seizure* Free food *and* Reality 2.0??? As a gamer and a man of hefty proportions, I now have TWO reasons to wish I lived in SF... :P
  • edited March 2007
    Soda!?

I'll be right back...
  • edited March 2007
    I'd love to but I've just gone flat :p
  • edited March 2007
    Whoa. Way too sudden for me and I think my brother now works on Saturday to ask a ride from him, so I pass this time around.
  • edited March 2007
    ...now how much is a flight from Germany...? :mad:
  • edited March 2007
    A flight from Norway?... =p
  • edited March 2007
    Phoonzang wrote: »
    ...now how much is a flight from Germany...? :mad:

let's share the price... i'll fly and afterwards tell you what it was like :D
  • edited March 2007
    Jekill wrote: »
    let's share the price... i'll fly and afterwards tell you what it was like :D

Hey, I was in Rostock in september =p Took a ferry there to Denmark after a short visit to Berlin ^^

(not off topic at all... ^^)
  • edited March 2007
    Free soda? I am really disapointed in you Telltale. You know the bad case of soda abuse that your country suffers from, and yet you perpetuate it? Must resist the sweet fizzy gooodneess. Hahahaha!

Seriously, I wish I could be there. Remember to make sure that the inventory icons don't stick when testing. Minor niggle. Sometimes the cursor would not go back to being arrow shaped on my PC. The hotspots would still show up and it was a mere cosmetic glitch. Everything when back to normal when I when to a new location.
  • edited March 2007
    I'll see you there.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Woo! I wonder which tester it is that we can see on the (formerly growing-a-) pirate cam?
  • edited March 2007
    Awww dang! I'm no where near San Fransico. :( Play test it hard guys!
  • edited March 2007
    Was he wearing a black sweatshirt with a Tie Fighter on the hood? If so, that was me. Oh wait...am I allowed to say I was there?
  • edited March 2007
    Does 5400 miles of the SF area count as nearby? Then I'm your man.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Of course you're allowed to say you were there.

Thanks to everyone who showed up!
  • edited March 2007
    Your welcome! :D (I was there in spirit :P)
  • edited March 2007
    It might have been me- i looked at the growing pirate but I missed the pic so im not sure!!!
  • edited March 2007
    I think I can also say that Episode 5 is the best/funniest one yet.
  • edited March 2007

Good to know that the episodes just keep getting better. Four is my favorite so far.
  • edited March 2007
    I was affraid of that :(

You're killing me Telltale...
  • edited March 2007

Wow..awesome! :)
  • edited March 2007
    without revealing anything illegal and getting myself sued, i would like to say i agree entirely with you.
  • edited March 2007
    Reality 2.0 title + you guys say you think it is the best/funniest so far... ah... my imagination is hard at work right now :P

I can't wait to play the game.
    Without spoiling too much, what color is the icon for that 5th episode ? :D -yes i love small details-
  • edited March 2007
    BarfHappy wrote: »
    Without spoiling too much, what color is the icon for that 5th episode ? :D -yes i love small details-

And the title sequence as well... what color? ;)
  • edited March 2007
    so far the opening titles have been

Red
    Yellow
    Purple
    Blue

so that leaves..........
    Orange
    Green
    White
    Indigo
    black

or a darker or lighter version of all the above colors (EX. Dark Blue, or Light Green)

i would like to see episode 6 being all white........... both the intro, the opening titles, and the background of the launcher window

and i have a feeling that episode 5 will be green
  • edited March 2007
    My money is on gray. Either that, or mauve.
  • edited March 2007
    toupe.................or brown............... or pink................ or burnt sienna...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.