Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse crashes to desktop?

edited February 2011 in Game Support
Hello friends..
I am new to this forum so if this isn't the right section for my question, let me know please. I recently installed Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse on my desktop computer. Whenever I try to start the game, I get a black screen for 2-3 seconds and then it crashes to desktop. I really have no idea how to fix this problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction and help me to fix it?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    This is the problem I'm having too...still haven't fixed it yet...
  • edited February 2011
    I think I had the same problem, the game would try to load but then just crash to the desktop. Managed to fix it by downloading one of the episodes and installing that then taking the prefs.prop file from that episode and place it in the appropriate directories for the other episodes and that seem to sort whatever the problem was.

So I think you can try two things - first go to the Telltale Games folder in your documents, find the episode(s) that are causing problems and just delete the prefs.prop file in those folders and try launching the games again.

If that doesn't work then try putting this file into those episode folders.
  • edited February 2011
    I fixed my issue by setting each of the episodes' .exe files to run in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode.

UPDATE: After setting all the episodes to run in compatibility mode and then changing them to not run on compatibility mode, they all run fine. But they didn't before...strange.
This discussion has been closed.