Can't start "Get Tannen!"

edited April 2011 in Game Support
I open the launcher and this is what I see:

http://img152.imageshack.us/i/gettannen.jpg/

Can't click on anything to start the game.

I'm using XP SP3.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Vegan wrote: »

I'm using XP SP3.

Are you using a firewall?
  • edited February 2011
    I've got the exact same image, and I'm on my university's protected server. I normally have to manually unlock my games from Telltale. And I have a MacBook pro, running OSX6.6
  • edited February 2011
    Same deal here, running Vista.
  • edited February 2011
    LeJerque wrote: »
    Same deal here, running Vista.

Are you all on school networks? I'm going to recycle an earlier post but: .Edu networks almost always block us.

You might try unlocking the game on a public network.
  • edited February 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Are you all on school networks? I'm going to recycle an earlier post but: .Edu networks almost always block us.

You might try unlocking the game on a public network.

I'm on my home network. This is a new problem -- I've played (and enjoyed) Telltale's full catalog and never had this kind of issue.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm on a school network, and the nearest public network is at least 45 minutes away, and I feel downright dirty using it- discovered it when my iPod started dinging Facebook notifications while walking around the city center. Japan's not known for it's free networks. I would actually have to actually go and stand a certain distance away from a particular shoe store to hork free wifi off some unsuspecting apartment building. Which I DON'T want to do.

Even Starbucks requires you to buy a plan through your cell phone provider to use the wifi in their store. And I'm a resident, not a Japanese citizen, so nix on that.

I've yet to find an internet cafe near me that lets you use your own computer, too.

Hence, manual unlock for me. Is this not an option for BttF?

(Also, games sites, even news about gaming, is blocked on my school server- EXCEPT for some reason anything by Telltale. So this is weird for me, too.)
  • edited February 2011
    LeJerque wrote: »
    I'm on my home network. This is a new problem -- I've played (and enjoyed) Telltale's full catalog and never had this kind of issue.

Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.
  • edited February 2011
    Sweet! That fixed it.

Thank you for being supportive at this hour!
  • edited February 2011
    Hey, now my BttF 1 game is giving me a manual unlock code. Weird, I never needed to unlock BttF manually- it was the only TT game that lat me log in. I'm sending it now.

Let's see if this works!

Thanks, Amy!
  • edited February 2011
    Hey, now my BttF 1 game is giving me a manual unlock code. Weird, I never needed to unlock BttF manually- it was the only TT game that lat me log in. I'm sending it now.

If you are playing on a .edu network you will need a manual unlock if you can't access a public network. You should get an unlock request to send me. Make sure the subject starts with unlock so I get to it ASAP.
  • edited February 2011
    Request SENT! You are a god!
  • edited February 2011
    Request SENT! You are a god!

Did you get it yet?
  • edited February 2011
    Well, good news and bad- the good is that my previously unlocked BttF 1 re-unlocked when I used the code. The bad? The BttF 2 code just put me right back to that weird start screen, the same on I had when I first downloaded the game and identical to the OP's.
  • edited February 2011
    Vegan wrote: »

I'm using XP SP3.

I´m having the same problem. Running Vista and my firewall is ok etc..
  • edited February 2011
    Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.

This worked, thank you! Not on .edu, just at home, and every other game in the catalog has always worked, so that's weird, but now I can play when I get home tonight. :D
  • edited February 2011
    didn´t work for me though!
    my launcher looks the same as yours did.

also, when trying to reach the game via the launcher for episode 1 it says "Get it" instead of play. That launcher works fine otherwise. what should I do?
  • edited February 2011
    Having the exact same problem here, nothing has worked so far.
  • edited February 2011
    I have same problem. Please help me.
  • edited February 2011
    Have the rest of you tried: Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.
  • edited February 2011
    Have the rest of you tried: Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.

Now it works, I did it wrong :D thanks!! finally I can play
  • edited February 2011

Thanks. That is works.
  • edited February 2011
    Nothing happens when I hit "Ctrl shift -"

I'm guessing there is supposed to be a popup window? Regardless, I still can't get the game to start up.

The weird thing is I was able to start it up just fine last night when I first installed it.

This is the Steam version, if that matters.
  • edited February 2011
    I had almost the same problem but there was the Menu with "Game settings" and theren was the Menu choice and BTTF Logo but no Delorean and the in-game had no picture just Voice, I want into the Settings and went to Graphics and Clicked it once, the Picture came back, works perfect now. I hope this helps.
  • edited February 2011
    I've tried the Ctrl Shift -(minus), clicking yes, then Ctrl Shift +. After I hit the plus sign, a window pops up asking if I want to deactivate the product. I've clicked yes, exited out and had to re-sign in with no change. I've tried two different networks that are not .edu networks. I'm running Vista 64-bit. I really want to try out this demo so that I can see if my computer can handle it. If it can I'll most likely buy the full game.
  • edited February 2011
    If you are on Win7/Vista. Right click and choose Run as Administrator. That fixes the problem for me. As far as XP, I don't remember if XP has a Run as Admin option or not.
  • edited February 2011
    Nothing anyone has suggested so far has worked for me. NEXT!

Come on, this is annoying.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks Kruz! That got it to work! And it runs pretty well.... :D
  • edited February 2011
    Nothing anyone has suggested so far has worked for me. NEXT!

Come on, this is annoying.

This was happening with a few people on Steam, did you ask them for the manual update?
  • edited February 2011
    I'm using the Telltale version from the site, a Mac, and I used a manual unlock key, reinstalled the game twice and tried the key while offline and revolted my system. Still nada. Any advice?
  • edited February 2011
    It's working now for some reason. Don't worry.
  • edited February 2011
    Im not getting anything either. this is ridiculous. I was able to play it earlier once and that's it
  • edited February 2011

Thank you!
  • edited February 2011
    I guess I've got a similar problem - as my machine is off-network, when I boot up the Episode 1 launcher, I get this screen, telling me to go online for episode 2 (which I can't!):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Just_Jim/BTTF-1.jpg

And when I double click on Episode 2's exe, I get this screenshot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Just_Jim/BTTF-2.jpg

How can I get a manual unlock request code for Ep2 and where would I enter it? And if the Ctrl, Shift and - would solve it, which screen should I enter it on? The Ep1 or Ep2 launcher?

EDIT: And why are there so many problems for these new launchers? S&M1/2 and TOMI were nice and easy, but BTTF seems a nightmare!
  • edited February 2011

Thanks! Bumping for everyone else with this issue.
  • dradra
    edited February 2011

i don't know you but i love you
  • edited April 2011
    After struggling with this for the past two days, I FINALLY got it to work. For whatever reason, it is the login which gets hung up.

The advice of pressing CTRL, SHIFT, then the - (minus) key works...for Windows.

Forgetting that I'm on a Mac, you want to press and hold the COMMAND (Apple) key, not the CTRL key for Macs. It will ask you "Are you sure you want to delete your login settings". The answer is yes. Restart the game, enter your info, and boom...you are ready to roll.
This discussion has been closed.