No picture in Back to the Future Episode 2

edited January 2012 in Game Support
When I load the game, the title screen appears and I click on play new game. The opening main titles appear including the date, Bob Gale, etc... Then, the screen goes black and I can only hear Marty and Doc's voices, but I can't see them. The picture never comes back on and I'm left with a cursor with a black screen.

I was able to play the first episode without any problems. I uninstalled episode 2 and reinstalled it and I have the same problem. I'm using a PC running Windows 7.

Please let me know if others are experiencing this problem and if/how it can be fixed.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Can I take a look at your DXDiag?

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information". It will prompt you to save a file. Since I cannot receive attachments, I'll need you to cut and paste into this thread for me.
  • edited February 2011
    I am having the same issue...! It even gets to the point of gameplay showing the hints, inventory, etc. buttons, but an otherwise black screen. The graphics on the opening menus work fine, as does adjusting the screen resolution, etc. I installed directly from the game UI originally--trying a direct download to my PC now for reinstall.

**Update**
    Reinstall did not resolve the issue. Here is my dxdiag report:

(removed report 2/17/11 @ 2:45PM PST)
  • edited February 2011
    Your using an Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family which was last updated in 2008. Have you tried updating it?
  • edited February 2011
    :confused: AS, I start the game the menu and Begining titles such as bob gale etc can bee seen and i can only hear Marty and Doc's voices, i see all the buttons and labels and when i click the button i see everything ( meaning the purpose of the button inventory goal etc) Yet i cant see anything! Please help me im dying to get tannen! :mad:
  • edited February 2011
    I finally managed to get it to work after looking at some other posts. Go to the settings menu and reduce the quality of the graphics just a little. It works and the game is awesome!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm having the same problem with Get Tannen game.
    Once I 'click' play, the screen goes black. I can hear the voices of the characters, but I only see a black screen. I didn't experience these problems playing episode 1.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling episode 2, but that didn't fix the problem. I'm using a PC running Windows Vista.

Please help, I'd like to play the game.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2011
    jbkurin wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with Get Tannen game.
    Once I 'click' play, the screen goes black. I can hear the voices of the characters, but I only see a black screen. I didn't experience these problems playing episode 1.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling episode 2, but that didn't fix the problem. I'm using a PC running Windows Vista.

Please help, I'd like to play the game.

Can you please post your dxdiag log?

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited May 2011
    Get Tannen dxdiag
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Jbkurin, have you tried turning down the graphics quality in the Help & Settings menu?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2011
    jbkurin wrote: »
    Get Tannen dxdiag
    Card name: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

There were similar issues with the Radeon X1200 Series in earlier Games too. Sadly i don't know a fix for that.
  • edited January 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Can you please post your dxdiag log?

dxdiag

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
    i still get the black screen.what should i do?pls email me at theromanianman@yahoo.com
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2012
    mihneaxx wrote: »
    i still get the black screen.what should i do?pls email me

Sorry, i don't do E-Mail support. You can write to support@telltalegames.com for that, or post your problem and information here in the forum.
This discussion has been closed.