Episode 4 - My only complaint

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
That last puzzle was upsettingly difficult. I dubbed it the return of the perfect pixel hunt.

I probably should have figured it out from the many clues, but it eluded me, sadly.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    come on now if you looked at the monitor you knew where the beacon was.. sure i took a few shots at it and clicked on the sign 5 or 6 times but i did eventually get it
  • edited March 2007
    the finale puzzle of an episode should be difficult............... and considering the complex nature of some of the other puzzles in the episode, the difficulty of the last one was dead on

personally i spotted the antena next to the camera earlier in the episode, but i just thought it was part of the camera bacause it was not clickable and i did not even think twice about it
  • edited March 2007
    That puzzle was good! I took me a while to figure it out... But that's a good thing! :D
  • edited March 2007
    I agree, it was easy enough to figure it out by paying attention to where the camera shot originated. I mean, how could it not be somewhere around there? And if it wasn't hard to find, Bosco would have found it.
  • edited March 2007
    I actually found that to be one of the easier puzzles... I guess it just depends on what catches your eye as you interact with the environments. I didn't even scratch my head after
    Lincoln goes on his rampage
  • edited March 2007
    Actually, the last puzzle was the only one I couldn't figure out on my own. I like to interact with as many parts of the environment as seems fun, but I hadn't looked in that spot.
    Actually, I imagined the beacon to be outside of the store, for some reason... also, not knowing at all what it would look like didn't help.
  • edited March 2007
    What separates the puzzle to me from true pixel hunting is that you know it's supposed to be there.
    The puzzle is figuring out the beacon is at Bosco's, so hiding it a bit within the store is fair game to me.
    The kind of pixel hunting that pisses me off is, like, the banana picker in Escape from Monkey Island.
  • edited March 2007
    My only complain is that the voice quality have becomed to good, yes you hear me, TO GOOD.
    It's first now the old Sam-oneliners quality from Ep.1 starting to bug me.

And when you get this silly complain, you know that you have done everything else right... Good work Telltale! :D
  • edited March 2007
    The song should have been at the VOICE audio track, not the Background Music one (which I at least keep at a slightly lower level than the recommendation). If it was on the Voice audio track, then it was way too silent compared to the rest of the game. Otherwise the voice quality isn't still great (as in still heavily packed), but it is better than in early episodes.

Only minor graphical issue that I noted was the bushes (the plants) of the White House, as they had some minor clipping errors.

I liked how the problems were now a bit more difficult and required a few more steps to solve, yet they were all logical enough.
  • edited March 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    My only complain is that the voice quality have becomed to good, yes you hear me, TO GOOD.
    It's first now the old Sam-oneliners quality from Ep.1 starting to bug me.

And when you get this silly complain, you know that you have done everything else right... Good work Telltale! :D

Agreed with this... the line "That would hardly be sporting" sounds a bit off compared to the voice acting/quality of Sam's newly delivered lines.

But this is just constructive criticism. It in no way marred my happiness while playing the game. And what a game!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.