Bttf 2: audio plays but no video

edited February 2011 in Game Support
Downloaded Bttf 2. During intro and credits audio and video play, but once interactive part of the game starts it's audio only, just black screen for video. (Bttf 1 still works fine, audio and video). Windows XP PC>

Suggestions?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    My situation is EXACTLY the same as yours....Episode 1 worked fine, sound and credits work fine on episode 2 but the picture is not showing up. I also have Windows XP PC.
  • edited February 2011
    Same situation on my computer running Windows 7. Episode 1 worked fine, but I can't see any of the video in Episode 2.
  • edited February 2011
    Same situation on my computer running Windows 7. Episode 1 worked fine, but I can't see any of the video in Episode 2.

Are you all on Steam? What systems are you using?
  • edited February 2011
    Amy,
    Someone else and I posted our dxdiag info on another thread: "No picture on Back to the future episode 2." Maybe that will help you figure out the issue that all of us are experiencing.
  • edited February 2011
    Won't be able to run dxdiag until I get to home computer tonight, but will do so then.
  • edited February 2011
    Yes, it would be nice to have the same issue isolated to one thread for easy resolve for all of us. I am not using Steam; I am using the standalone version.

Here's a link to the dxdiag in the other thread:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22746

*UPDATE*: I tried running the game through Steam instead, and the issue still occurs.
  • edited February 2011
    I got menus, sound, titles, captions... even the inventory etc icons - but no other image in-game.

So I escaped to the menu, went into options, and downgraded the graphics to Medium.

Now works fine
  • edited February 2011
    I did what you said fitzoliver and that worked! Thanks!
  • edited February 2011
    Natzo wrote: »
    Yes, it would be nice to have the same issue isolated to one thread for easy resolve for all of us. I am not using Steam; I am using the standalone version.

Here's a link to the dxdiag in the other thread:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22746

*UPDATE*: I tried running the game through Steam instead, and the issue still occurs.

The issue there was an outdated, unsupported video card. But it will work in most cases with an update from Intel
  • edited February 2011
    Amy-

I went to Dell's website to update my chipset driver. However, the release date of the 8.x version was OLDER than the release date of my 7.x version (somehow), so it wouldn't install. HOWEVER, I tried Fitzoliver's suggestion of turning the Graphics Quality down a notch instead, and that ended up working out for me as well. So that seems to be the workaround for now.
  • edited February 2011
    I tried Fitzoliverj's workaround, and it worked for me, too.

Thanks all (especially Fitzoliverj) for the help.
  • edited February 2011
    Lowering the graphics a little worked for me too. I would've come back here sooner, but I've been playing the game for the past few hours. Thanks everyone for your help.
This discussion has been closed.