Won't let me play the game...

edited February 2011 in Game Support
So I downloaded BTTF episode 1, and it won't let me play it. I get past the log in and click on the episode, but when I click play I doesn't do anything.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    same here
  • edited February 2011
    I found that Right Clicking the shortcut and choosing "Run as Administrator" let's me click it easily.
  • edited February 2011
    But what if you playing on a Mac? I can't right click.....
  • edited February 2011
    fluxjbz wrote: »
    But what if you playing on a Mac? I can't right click.....

Holding control while clicking is the Mac equivalent of right click, but the only option that shows up for me is "copy".

How do I get the game to play???
  • edited February 2011
    Same problem here. On a Mac, screen comes up but nothing happens when I press play.
  • edited February 2011
    Ugh... I'm tired of this stupid launcher that TT has "devised" to play BttF. I just want to launch the individual episodes. This is really frustrating.
  • edited February 2011
    stuck in the same boat here.
  • edited February 2011
    Same here!! On a MBP..
  • edited February 2011
    I played and completed episode one, now it won't even launch.. same with episode 2..
    Re-downloaden the Mac version about 10 times!
  • edited February 2011
    Same here. Can't play the first episode on Mac. Clicking "Play" does nothing.
  • edited February 2011
    I have this same issue. It worked last night after installing, but now it does nothing.

Edit - Found the issue on another part of the forums and ran in administrator.
  • edited February 2011
    The telltale Launcher does not work correctly.
    It is funny, but i paid for the game, and I need to download a Crack for play it!!
    Please TellTalle, get rid of that useless launcher.....
  • edited February 2011
    Is this problem just for Mac's or both Mac's and PC's?
  • edited February 2011
    Mac here- doesn't play
  • edited February 2011
    I'm on a Mac, same issue, I get the menu, but the start button will not do anything.

I was going to pre-order the Jurassic Park game tonight, however after this issue I will hold off until I can play my BTF game for the first time.
  • edited February 2011
    I have a 2009 series mac mini and it doesn't work for me either. Does it work for ANY mac? Did they test it on a mac before they released it?
  • edited February 2011
    I have windows 7 and episode I played alright but I can't even install episode II for PC! It gives me error 1400 'can not elevate'.. please someone help!? Thank you kindly!
  • edited February 2011
    Administrator worked for me (From the shortcut) - Thanks

Right click on the Shortcut Icon. Select "Properties", then Select "Short Cut", then "Advanced" and click the open box. Click "Ok" - That should do it.
    This how I opened "Back to the Future, Episode 1" on a Vista Machine.
  • edited February 2011
    thanks for your help.. I'm not sure what you mean.. I can download but when i got to install it then gives me the error.. is there something else I can try .. thank you! ;)
  • edited February 2011
    thank you!! I'll try it! I'm re-downloading now! *fingers-crossed* :D
  • edited February 2011
    Same for me, on Mac OS X, hit the Play button but nothing happens
  • edited February 2011
    OMG!! I think it's gonna work!!! :D THANK YOU KINDLY!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    and this is why the ps3 and ipad versions are better
  • edited February 2011
    well, not the installer seems to be stuck on the 'uninstall' part of the install lol! *sigh*
  • edited February 2011
    Anybody with this:

schermafbeelding2011021s.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited February 2011
    JV-player wrote: »
    I have a 2009 series mac mini and it doesn't work for me either. Does it work for ANY mac? Did they test it on a mac before they released it?

Doesn´t seem like that. I was angry at having to wait until february to play the free episode (having bought four complete seasons of their other games before their actual releases), and is now met this? I´m not a happy Telltale customer right now.
  • edited February 2011
    Same issue as FlyingDelorean & Incognito on my Mac Pro. Episode 1 used to work until I installed Episode 2. Now neither will launch when I hit the Play button. Emailed Telltale support but they only told me to make sure my OSX software was up to date and to close other applications which, of course, I already knew. Told them so but so far no further response. Frustrating.:mad:
  • edited February 2011
    ScorpioX3 wrote: »
    Same issue as FlyingDelorean & Incognito on my Mac Pro. Episode 1 used to work until I installed Episode 2. Now neither will launch when I hit the Play button. Emailed Telltale support but they only told me to make sure my OSX software was up to date and to close other applications which, of course, I already knew. Told them so but so far no further response. Frustrating.:mad:

I can see your frustration, Telltale should have prevented this..
    Once you know a solution PM me please, cheers mate
  • edited February 2011
    I renamed the executable to be "BackToTheFuture101" instead of what it installed to by default. The original application name had a space in it, which was throwing something off.

If you rename to "BackToTheFuture101" then there is no space, and the play button seemed to work right from the launcher for me.

Hope that helps!
    Jason

Mac Mini late 2009 model
  • edited February 2011
    The app won't even launch on my Mac, even after redownloading it and renaming the file. :(
  • edited February 2011
    Anybody with this:

schermafbeelding2011021s.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yep, I've got the same screen under Windows Vista? I finished Episode #1 fine, but Episode #2, no go? I've tried running it as Admin and in XP Compatibility Mode, I've re-installed it 3 times, even uninstalled Episode #1? This ain't just a problems with Mac, something is not right with Epidode #2?
  • edited February 2011
    JV-player wrote: »
    I renamed the executable to be "BackToTheFuture101" instead of what it installed to by default. The original application name had a space in it, which was throwing something off.

If you rename to "BackToTheFuture101" then there is no space, and the play button seemed to work right from the launcher for me.

Hope that helps!
    Jason

Mac Mini late 2009 model

Thank you so much! I renamed it to that and it works! I click on play and it did it! Thanks so much! (unfortunately it's late so I won't be able to play it but I will tomorrow after class)
  • edited February 2011
    Thank you so much! I renamed it to that and it works! I click on play and it did it! Thanks so much! (unfortunately it's late so I won't be able to play it but I will tomorrow after class)

Yes worked for me too! Thanks so much! I got rid of the spaces and the DRM stuff and now it's fine.
  • edited February 2011
    OK, if you open the game package and run Mac_Game, you can run it via debug. Which gives this:
    AddAnimatedTextureValue: Attempting to animate mesh "", but the mesh could not be loaded.
    Texture "bmap_map_pebbledPlastic_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "bmap_map_deloreanCablesA_bump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "map_deloreanCablesA_bump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "tile_mallexteriornightpavement_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "bmap_map_deloreanCarpetA_bump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "bmap_map_deloreanLeatherStitching_bump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "bmap_tile_deloreanLeatherA_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "env_mallexteriornight_wall_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "env_mallexteriornight_wallb_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "env_mallExteriorNight_door_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "env_mallexteriornight_outside_floor_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "env_mallExteriorNight_mud_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    Texture "obj_mallexteriornight_lamp_nm.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
    WalkAnimation - Can't find idle animation 'ui_mainmenu_cloudidle.chore for agent ui_mainMenu_CloudBG'
    PeriodicCall: Unable to find "scroller_target"
    ui_menu_main_slidein.chore: Chore agent "ui_menuMain_background" could not be found in the world.
    Fragment program not supported in hardware
    Fragment program not supported in hardware

Why is the Mac version giving DirectX errors?!
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    dank4120 wrote: »
    Yep, I've got the same screen under Windows Vista? I finished Episode #1 fine, but Episode #2, no go? I've tried running it as Admin and in XP Compatibility Mode, I've re-installed it 3 times, even uninstalled Episode #1? This ain't just a problems with Mac, something is not right with Epidode #2?
    same for me only mine's a pc when i loaded the second game i went to play it but nothing came up not even the first game it just shows a picture of Marty and blue blocks where the play it button and the name are suppose to be and that's it, but when i reloaded the first game ever thing was fine but when i closed the window and opened it again it told me to log in so i did and it only shows the first game is loaded so i reload the second game and it dose the same thing all over again what am i doing wrong
  • edited February 2011
    dra wrote: »
    same for me only mine's a pc when i loaded the second game i went to play it but nothing came up not even the first game it just shows a picture of Marty and blue blocks where the play it button and the name are suppose to be and that's it, but when i reloaded the first game ever thing was fine but when i closed the window and opened it again it told me to log in so i did and it only shows the first game is loaded so i reload the second game and it dose the same thing all over again what am i doing wrong

This is bloody frustrating, that is.
    It's been almost a week and i haven't even got to play episode 2..
    Damnit!
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    This is bloody frustrating, that is.
    It's been almost a week and i haven't even got to play episode 2..
    Damnit!

i got fix all need to do is Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.
  • edited February 2011
    dra wrote: »
    i got fix all need to do is Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.

Your sir, are a god..
    Sorry for not reading your post some time earlier, but i gave up hope..
    Small correction, for mac it's CMD+SHIFT+ -

Thanks man, MUCH appreciated !!
  • edited February 2011
    so i download the episode 2 , installed and run it , everithing good untill the white letters end, the , i can´t see the video or the game , i only can hear it, but the menu buttons ( gadgets, hints , and time story ) apear good and i can click them and work good

anybody with this problem?
  • edited February 2011
    albulnes wrote: »
    so i download the episode 2 , installed and run it , everithing good untill the white letters end, the , i can´t see the video or the game , i only can hear it, but the menu buttons ( gadgets, hints , and time story ) apear good and i can click them and work good

anybody with this problem?

Nope, but I'm willing to help you thoroughly..
    What Operating System are you currently running?
This discussion has been closed.