Back to the Future Not launching Bug?

edited February 2011 in Game Support
I just installed the BTTF game and it launched fine on first run. The game crashed on me and I had to restart it. When I click "play" nothing happens. When I rebooted and tried again nothing happens.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I'm sure this may apply to Windows Vista as well. In order for me to get the game to play at all. I need to right click on the Launcher and click on Run as Administrator. This is ridiculous IMO because not all kids/teens are going to have admin privileges on their parents computers and there's NO reason why a launcher should need admin rights.

If you are having trouble launching the game and you are on Win7/Vista. Try right click->run as admin and see if the game launches when you click play.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    kruz wrote: »
    I just installed the BTTF game and it launched fine on first run. The game crashed on me and I had to restart it. When I click "play" nothing happens. When I rebooted and tried again nothing happens.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I'm sure this may apply to Windows Vista as well. In order for me to get the game to play at all. I need to right click on the Launcher and click on Run as Administrator. This is ridiculous IMO because not all kids/teens are going to have admin privileges on their parents computers and there's NO reason why a launcher should need admin rights.

If you are having trouble launching the game and you are on Win7/Vista. Try right click->run as admin and see if the game launches when you click play.

I had the same problem. Thanks to the above poster for the solution.

You guys at Telltale need to fix this. Requiring admin privileges to play the game is ridiculous.
  • edited February 2011
    I also had the same problem. The play button does nothing. Not even a message saying "You must have admin privledges to run game".
This discussion has been closed.