Game won't launch

edited February 2011 in Game Support
I click on the Get Tanner link to that opens the launcher and I see Marty and the Deloran but no episode buttons on the side so that I can actually play the game.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Ditto. I'm running the game on a Mac Book Pro. I've tried reinstalling it, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. I've even tried re-downloading it with no avail. I hope you guys can fix it soon. I really enjoyed Ep 1 and want to play Ep 2 soon.
  • edited February 2011
    I downloaded the pc version and at first it wouldn't work then I rebooted the pc and it showed the game in a smaller window instead of full screen like episode one and just as Doc is getting arrested it crashed.

Should I re-install it or is there another way to fix it?
  • edited February 2011
    Like this?

schermafbeelding2011021s.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited February 2011
    Same here :,(
  • edited February 2011
    I see all the stuff on the startpage EP 1 but it wont start when i press the start button.. (MacBook Pro)
  • edited February 2011
    Bullocks, i so want to play this game..
    Come on, Telltale there should be a friggin solution
  • edited February 2011
    Nothing happens when I press Play...
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know a solution yet? I too have the same problem with no episodes listed and the play button does not work.
  • edited February 2011
    OK guys, I've found a workaround for BTTF Episode 2 (on Windows) not working, heres what I did:

1) Uninstall both episode 1 & 2, selecting to keep save games
    2) Install Episode 2 first
    3) Then Install Episode 1
    4) Run Episode 1's Launcher (In windows 7, I have to right click the launcher and select "Run as administrator")
    The Episode 2 Play Now button will now be available

Hope this get you playing too.
  • edited February 2011
    SOLUTION: For those players who can't launch the game (Episode 1 or 2) on Mac OSX rename the game file so that it contains no spaces in the name.

Eg if the file from the zip was "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.01" rename it to "BackToTheFuture101".
  • edited February 2011
    Download the crack from Taringa site.
    It works for me. Finally i can play the ep 2
    The telltalle Launcher doesn't work correctly.
    I paid for the game, and i spent 48 hours trying to use this useless launcher.
  • edited February 2011
    Mine plays but I am getting a black screen. I hear the voices but I cant see anything.
  • edited February 2011
    thanks attisb, got it to work after renaming the file !
  • edited February 2011
    I have fixed it by deleting and reinstalling the game
  • edited February 2011
    On Windows Vista, you have to run the launcher as an administrator.
  • edited February 2011
    I can't launch Ep 1. I've installed and reinstalled several times, and the installation always indicates success. But when I try to launch it, nothing happens. No Windows open up. No hourglass. Nothing. In Windows Task Manager, a process "BackToTheFuture101.exe*32" shows up for about two seconds, then disappears.

I'm running Windows 7 on a 64 bit Core i7 processor, with plenty of memory and drive space.

I've tried running as Administrator. Nothing. Messed with the Compatability settings. Nothing.

Wallace and Grommit worked fine. Monkey Island worked fine.

Can anyone help me?
This discussion has been closed.