Sam & Max Episode 1 - Windows Restart

edited March 2007 in Game Support
Hi there,

first of all AMAZING JOB! Actually I wanted to wait till episode 6 was out but I was unable to resist and I bought all of them right now :_P

well must say I am really happy to see (finally) a new Point and Click Adventure Game that brings me up some good memories...and tbh I am really pleased that Sam & Max still Hit the Road guys...not to be polemic but LA can keep playing with Star Wars and clever ppl keep (instead) developing and creating new games.

Adventure Games FTW!!! :_)

ok now the sad part (and the subject of this thread): I have a "small" prob with the game sometimes (specially when I change location) my Computer just restarts, I have a Pentium 4 3,80 with 1gb Ram and an Intel Integrated video card (an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, that as far as i have seen is in the list) with Windows XP Prof SP 2.

Any idea why it happens?

More info: it happens when i am in the office and i try to open up the option menu and when i get out of it and move to the road.

Edit: sorry if someone already asked but i was too lazy to search for it heheheh

Comments

• edited March 2007
    /bump......
  • edited March 2007
    it looks like my problem will stay unsolved :_(
  • edited March 2007
    well I found this: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253&page=3

and it looks like there is no hope...it's completely random it happens when I change location and/or I click on the option gear.

is there no way to disable the AutoSave option?

Btw I tried to update the Graphic/Sound Car drivers but I have a stupid Dell GX280 and their release does not have the latest version and I am unable to install those provided by Intel.

Please guys playing like this is a pain in the neck...I don't want to ruin my experience because of a bug...
  • edited March 2007
    nooooooooo!! :eek: :eek:

the fact that my GC is on the list means that the game wont work and not the inverse...

:( :( :( :( :( :(
  • edited March 2007
    OK i am f&*$ed, despite the problem i kept having i continued to play...and i have reached the point of "no return": i go to Sybel's Office to get the plan and everytime i get out the game just crashes and windows restarts (even if i try to save before geting out)...

is it possible to have any sort of answer?

is there the possibility to remove the Auto-Save option (each time i leave a location)? and why the hell the GC causes the restart of the whole OS? what's the link between saving and the GC?! i would understand if the game wont start at all...but like this looks like a little bit crappy.

Regards.
  • edited March 2007
    I had the same problem (windows restarted when entering new areas) and I simply installed the driver recommended in the support faq. Since then I encountered no problem at all and am happy to play the most enjoyable game in years.

Bob
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Eek... I'm sorry no one answered this question. I was sure I responded to it when you first posted to tell you that your video card was probably the problem, but apparently I didn't. I'm really sorry.

Are you a Season 1 customer or did you just buy episode 1? A change has been made to how the auto saves work starting with episode 3 that could possibly fix the problem you're having, but you'd have to unlock the full episode to find out. Please email support@telltalegames.com and reference this thread and I'll get you set up.
This discussion has been closed.