I Downloaded It, But Can't Play (Episode 1)

edited March 2011 in Game Support
Hey I just downloaded my copy of Back to the Future: The Game Episode 1, but when I launch it I get this window with all the episodes listed on it. I clicked on Episode 1 and then clicked play yet it won't launch the game. Someone please help me.

P.S. If it helps I run on Windows 7.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Same here. I click play and it does nothing. I'm also running Windows 7.
  • edited February 2011
    Same problem - but on Mac OS X (10.6.6).
  • edited February 2011
    Hey I fixed it a few hours ago, I've been playing for a while, and what you need to do is run it as Administrator. To do this, in Windows, you need to right click on the icon and it should be one of the avaliable options.
  • edited February 2011
    That worked. Thanks.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks. Why didn't I think about that mys self?
  • edited February 2011
    Any fixes for Mac? I have the problem and it's driving me nuts!
  • edited February 2011
    Same problem. Running on OSX.
  • edited February 2011
    Just downloaded first episode for free but couldn't play it either.
    My file was called "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.15" or something like that so i just deleted that last part so my file is just called "BackToTheFuture101" now and it worked. I have Mac OS X
  • edited February 2011
    Run as administrator doesn't work for me, i get the same problem. I bought the whole series and have downloaded ep 1 and 2 and neither will play.

Windows 7 64-bits. Admin rights.
    And the ctrl+shift+- , ctrl+shift++ doesn't work either..
    This makes me sad..

UPDATE:
    After a few hours of troubleshooting i figured out that the game didn't like AirfoilInject3.dll, a file associated with Airfoil. So i uninstalled Airfoil and now i can play! The game looks great!
  • edited February 2011
    DMC-82 wrote: »
    My file was called "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.15" or something like that so i just deleted that last part so my file is just called "BackToTheFuture101" now and it worked. I have Mac OS X

Yep this worked for me too!
  • edited February 2011
    Doesn't work for me on OS X 10.6.6 either. Renamed the file, and it now lets me click play, but all I get is audio and then it crashes. Any ideas?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2011
    deKay wrote: »
    Doesn't work for me on OS X 10.6.6 either. Renamed the file, and it now lets me click play, but all I get is audio and then it crashes. Any ideas?

When you hear the audio, switch to windowed mode by pressing command-f.
    Then, try lowering the graphics quality settings.
  • edited February 2011

This worked for me too, after a couple of days frustration.
    Weird bug, Telltale, just weird.
  • edited February 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    When you hear the audio, switch to windowed mode by pressing command-f.
    Then, try lowering the graphics quality settings.

This worked! Thanks.

On my MacBook I lowered the settings to the minimum but it's jerky. At least it works though. On my iMac I could actually set it to maximum and it now works fine.

Surely letting you set the graphics options *before* loading the game would be the best idea?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2011
    deKay wrote: »
    Surely letting you set the graphics options *before* loading the game would be the best idea?
    You would think so, wouldn't you? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    i'm running on snow leopard 10.6.6 or whatever, still can't get it to work. i tried renaming the file, re-installing, and do the windowed screen thing. nothing. also tried running in terminal, didn't work either.

i want my free game to work!! any help?:(
  • edited March 2011

Cheers, this fixed it for me. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.