Jurassic Park and the iPad

Hi there guys and gals!

I decided after seeing the Jurassic Park spread, in GameInformer last month to finally become a community member.

First off, I am a HUGE Jurassic Park fan. I have read both novels (multiple times) and own the movie trilogy as well.

I remember when the first movie was going to arrive in the theater. Which is when I first laid my starry eyes on the JP film and remain captivated by it's luster to this very day. The caveat to seeing the film in the theater, however, was laid down by my father. He insisted I read the novel prior to seeing the film, which I did. The first novel is a captivating and enchanting read (surpassing even the movie), as both the film and novel remain my both all time favorite book and movie.

As a huge franchise fan and avid video game player, I was thrilled to see Jurassic Park arriving, even taking place during the best period in the Jurassic Park universe.

I've never been a PC gamer and grew up with Nintendo, Owning each console during the Nintendo lifecycle dating back to the NES. I did own a Wii, but as Mass Effect 1 was arriving for the 360, I shifted to that platform for my gaming needs. I had been content with my Lost Odysseys and Elder Scrolls', Mass Effects and Mirrors Edges...

Then something happened...

Apple debuted an intriguing device last year. It was a tablet computer named iPad. Ever since it's arrival on my doorstep last April 3rd (day one adopter) I've been captivated and now, ironically play more video game experiences on iPad than my 360. Gameloft and EA, Epic and Crescent Moon provide the console like titles that fill those gaps between more casual fare.

I find the iPad interactive and ably capable of delivering as an instrument for great gaming experiences.

It is with hope and crossed fingers, that Telltale games are doing well enough on the iPad platform to consider porting Jurassic Park over. There are 2 ipad computers in my home and both of us would instantly purchase Jurassic Park if it arrives.

I have yet to purchase any Telltale games (considering Back To the Future), however, I've heard of some framerate hiccups and such on iPad. That along with their other titles mysteriously missing other episodes, already available on other platforms (Sam and Max).

I would purchase Back To the Future, if I knew other episodes were definitely coming.

Anyhow, I hope Telltale reads this and understands that on a platform with impulse purchases and a fan base they could have a far reaching success with Jurassic Park on iOS.

It's either iPad or 360, otherwise I'll be SOL, lol!

Anyhow, I'm excited to see this and Walking Dead in development. I nearly cried when I saw my most beloved series (JP) coming back from hiatus...given the proper love it deserves and hopefully will reverse some disservice done to the franchise over the years.

Much love and namaste!

Matt

EDIT:

Just saw an impression video of BTTF for iPad. Impressed and purchased, here's to hoping following episodes will arrive.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Welcome to Jurassic Park!!!.... oh, I mean the TellTale Forums. lol Sorry, I'm still in awe from the gameplay video of the game.

I"m a huge Jurassic Park fan as well. I was three when the movie came out and I'm not kidding when i say I still remember seeing it in the theater. I have read the novels many times as well and I'm also still collecting things Jurassic Park releated. (I'm actually working on getting all the toys right now. lol)

I'm not sure about the iPad as I'm going to be getting it on PC and Playstaion if it get's there. But I'm sure someone here will have a opinion on an iPad release.
  • edited February 2011
    Welcome to Jurassic Park!!!.... oh, I mean the TellTale Forums. lol Sorry, I'm still in awe from the gameplay video of the game.

I"m a huge Jurassic Park fan as well. I was three when the movie came out and I'm not kidding when i say I still remember seeing it in the theater. I have read the novels many times as well and I'm also still collecting things Jurassic Park releated. (I'm actually working on getting all the toys right now. lol)

I'm not sure about the iPad as I'm going to be getting it on PC and Playstaion if it get's there. But I'm sure someone here will have a opinion on an iPad release.

The whole "Welcome to Jurassic Park" opening line, I totally envisioned Hammond (Attenborough) voicing, lol...

I had Jurassic park toys then too. I had a rubberized skin T Rex, where you could have a detachable chunk and some rapotors and such...

Most of Telltales titles have as of late, made an iOS appearance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'd totally dig it.

I hope rather than make separate episode apps, they'd have them appear as in app purchases to the original app. It reduces clutter.

Gaming on the iPad ended being better than I thought it would. Dead Space is totally engrossing. Stellar visuals and audio. There's just something about interacting with the larger screen that transfixes the gamer in me.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to learn more about how they're fleshing out the Jurassic Park universe. I'm probably as excited for this game as I am Elderscrolls V and Mass Effect 3, which is the biggest compliment I could ever pay a game or developer.
  • edited April 2011
    Now that the more powerful successor to the original iPad is out, any idea whether the more capable and superior iPad 2 (multi core, stronger graphics chipn and having the same ram as XBox 360) will Jurassic Park make an appearance on iOS?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.