Downloaded Episode 2, But I cant play it

edited February 2011 in Game Support
The browser shows the background for episode one with no links/play button to start the second episode.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Same here, does it look like this?

schermafbeelding2011021s.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited February 2011
    Yes, Exactly the same.
  • edited February 2011
    Same here... :(
  • edited February 2011
    Same here :(
  • edited February 2011
    same.
  • edited February 2011
    i can't play it at all.It just quits unexpectedly all the time for 3 whole days.I don't think I can take it much longer.Please help me.
  • edited February 2011
    i figured out a way to launch the game. first click on start and find the "Tell Tale" link, open it and click on episode one. when that window opens click on episode 2 and hit play. and thats all i did for it to work.
  • edited February 2011
    i played EP1 by using the terminal services and entered this command:

sudo /Applications/BackToTheFuture101.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac_Game

the game worked

did the same thing for Ep2, i tried and it worked

sudo /Applications/BackToTheFuture102.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac_Game

the password is your admin password not serial number

HAVE FUN
  • edited February 2011
    I cant get in though, so there's like no way to solve my impossible problem! I tried again today and same thing. Is there something there not telling us?Are they making the jurassic park game that it won't work? There has to be more than just quitting unexpectedly! I really wan't to play. This has happened for 4 days now! I bought it, I downloaded episode 2 then it froze,and I restarted it and it quit unexpectedly! Is there something wrong I did!?!Please help me.
  • edited February 2011
    launch ep1 and select from the screen ep2...i tried this before and worked but i couldnt save the game...
  • edited February 2011
    Not working for me either. Tried everything in this thread. :(
  • edited February 2011
    What I mean is that I can't go on the back to the future game at all. It quits every time! Please figure something out. I have no idea what to do. When I payed $24 for this it worked, but now it's not letting me get on! Please,please,please help me. :(
  • edited February 2011
    I have the same problem but I'm not on a mac. I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate. Running as administrator etc. didn't solve the problem.
  • edited February 2011
    Allright, found a fix for Windows at least.

You have to go to Episode 1's launcher in Program Files (not just the shortcut, actual launcher) and then "Run as Admin". Then I had to relog and it activated ep. 2.

Seriously stupid system, though.
  • edited February 2011
    Exactly the same problem here, on a macbook. Anyone from Telltale feels like giving us an answer??
  • edited February 2011
    I am having the same exact problem. Is a fix coming?
  • edited February 2011
    I know whats wrong with it! It WONT play! I mean seriously why CANT it play for the mac players!?! What should I do!?! Do I re-download the game?Tell meee! Im VERY frustrated!!! >:(
  • edited February 2011
    the problem for me is that the first ICMP packet to telltalegames.com always fails:

edgar:~ mschrag$ ping telltalegames.com
    PING telltalegames.com (74.52.103.162): 56 data bytes
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
    64 bytes from 74.52.103.162: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=98.499 ms

during the startup process of the launcher, it tries to ping telltalegames.com but with a "ping -c 1" which returns with 100% packet loss, making you appear to be offline = launch screen doesn't work.

if you're daring, this fixed it for me (BACKUP YOUR Mac_Game EXECUTABLE FIRST!)

perl -pi -e 's#ping -c 1#ping -c 2#' /Applications/BackToTheFuture102.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac_Game

this will change the "ping -c 1" into a "ping -c 2" which then made the launcher realize i was online.

hopefully this will help other folks.

ms
  • edited February 2011
    will the slowdowns be fixed?
  • edited February 2011
    Oh yeah, finally some free time to continue the game from where I was, but the game won't play for me either. :(
  • edited February 2011
    Ok, so I got it to work. I'm a Mac user and somehow the whole installed 2nd part was erased. I installed it back again and it had all the previous save games. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Again it happened!!!!!! :( !!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Will ANYTHING be fixed before the next episode comes!?!?!?!?!?!
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    when i loaded the second game i went to play it but nothing came up not even the first game it just shows a picture of Marty and blue blocks where the play it button and the name are suppose to be and that's it, but when i reloaded the first game ever thing was fine but when i closed the window and opened it again it told me to log in so i did and it only shows the first game is loaded so i reload the second game and it dose the same thing all over again what am i doing wrong
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    and mine a pc if it helps any
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    The browser shows the background for episode one with no links/play button to start the second episode.

Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.
  • dradra
    edited February 2011
    macbookair wrote: »
    Will ANYTHING be fixed before the next episode comes!?!?!?!?!?!

Try Ctrl Shift - (yes the actual -), press yes, then Ctrl Shift+. Then log back in.
This discussion has been closed.