The game won’t play

edited March 2011 in Game Support
I just got my copy of BTTF Episode 1, and was able to dezip the file without any problem, but when I launch the game and the splash screen comes up, I can’t get past it. I press enter and nothing happens. I have a MacMini from late 2009 with a 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB of RAM. What’s going on here?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    same here
  • edited February 2011
    Launch the start screen, then nothing.

Working on an Intel MacBook Pro, running 10.5.8
  • edited February 2011
    Found this fix in another thread:

After downloading and unarchiving, the file was called "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.15" or something like that. Delete that last part after the 101 so the file is just called "BackToTheFuture101". The it should launch.

Simple fix, but don't you think that's something the developer should have noticed before releasing it?
  • edited February 2011
    Right now after downloading the Part 2, I hear sound but no video.
  • edited February 2011
    i cant play. i pass the login screen and then put "Play" but nothing happend. the name of my exe is BackToTheFuture101.exe so the fix dont work.
  • edited February 2011
    not working for me either. telltale, go back in time and fix it :)
  • edited February 2011
    Same here, the "play" button on the intro screen does nothing. On Windows 7 64bit.
  • edited February 2011
    Wait... wait. It wasn't working, but then I just uninstalled and then re-installed the game and now it works fine.
  • edited February 2011
    Mine just wont play!!!! If only we could go back in time!!!! :(
  • edited February 2011
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! For the stxth time!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Same here. I downloaded the free version of Episode 1 a few days ago, then just now tried to play it for a second time and nothing. Choose Episode One on the menu, nada. Click the "Play" button, zilch. :(
  • edited February 2011
    same here...i played it when i first got it. Now i've gone back to play episode 1 again and clicked the play button but nothing pops up!
  • edited February 2011
    Telltale go back in time and fix it!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    I had this problem on Windows 7. Right-clicking and choosing 'Run as administrator' solved it.
  • edited February 2011
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am able to play!!!!!!!!!!!! I re downloaded the game yesterday and didnt work but then today it works!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    ...So was this fixed? because I'm having the same problem. re-installing the game lets me play it, but as soon as I quit, re-open the game again and hit the 'play' button nothing happens. It has been a while so I was hoping maybe there was a solution already about this.

Also, while logging in with our username is ok, why do we have to do it every time we open the game? One would think after buying it we could play it on PCs that don't have an internet connection.
  • edited March 2011
    I have a PC and on episode 1, I click new game then answer the next question then it loads then it quits. On episode 2, it goes to where Doc is told to get out of the time machine with his hands up and you are about to play for the first time then it quits. Do you have any advice?

BTW I have windows 7.
  • edited March 2011
    I am also having the same problem. This is ridiculous. If you reinstall the game it works fine. However, the instant you save and close downt he game it's back to square one with the "Play" button not working.

I shouldn't have to run as this game as Admin each time even though that works.
  • edited March 2011
    Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet? I have a T-Mobile card and I can't download and reinstall the game every time i want to play it.
  • edited March 2011
    I wrote another possible solution in the middle of my message here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=464074&postcount=24

However, it apparently doesn't work for everybody. You can give it a try.

If you download and save the installation program once (instead of running it directly when downloading), you can re-install without the big download. Of course, you shouldn't have to....
This discussion has been closed.