future seasons

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
I think it would be really cool if Telltale, for future seasons of Jurassic Park, made like prequels to the other two films. Also if they kept doing like right now making parallel stories. what do you guys think?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    As a huge Jurassic Park fan I would love to seem more seasons for their game. We're going to have to wait and see if the games does well first though. I'm sure I'll love it. I haven't played a Jurassic Park game I didn't like. But I'm biased. Others will be a lot more judgemental. It the game is well recieved (and so far the feedback from the demo has been positive in the articles I've read) I can see them making more seasons. But time will tell.
  • edited March 2011
    Listen at 1:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HulPRAN5wwo&feature=related

"The plans for the franchise ... The first season is gonna be a periodic season..."

Sounds like they're planning more.
  • edited March 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    I think it would be really cool if Telltale, for future seasons of Jurassic Park, made like prequels to the other two films. Also if they kept doing like right now making parallel stories. what do you guys think?

Haha, or digital SEQUELS! ;)

You'll understand that if you read my sig...
  • edited March 2011
    I'd like to see a more militia approach again. Not necessarily run and gun. But I-ngen present day decides to reopen the park this time more as a preserve to study them rather than sell tickets to see them.
  • edited March 2011
    I do not want any military story at all.
    For me JP is rather scientists and their arrogance against nature
  • edited March 2011
    Well, I could think of a story that plays on Site B before and while the hurricane, like seeing all the structures completely intact, and with a whole new freedom for putting new kind of dinosaurs in the game. That wouldnt have the same feel at all than the first film (just like the movie sequels), but it could be interesting.

I just cant think of a second season on Nublar during the same timeline again, would be too much!
  • edited March 2011
    IMO, a TLW "midquel" should focus on the aftermath of the San Diego incident, transporting the Rexes back to Isla Sorna, and possibly having a pack of Raptors, (or new dinosaurs) running around the outskirts of San Diego, to explain the carnage on the SS Venture. Characters could include new representatives of InGen and US Naval personnel, plus the local Police who have to deal with the escaped dinos in the suburbs of California.

A JP3 "midquel" could occur before the events of the film and focus on the UN Security forces attempting to keep illegal visitors from Site B, (such as Enrique Cardoso's "Dino-Soar" operation), while a team of sanctioned scientists attempt to study the dinosaurs in the wild...until they get a little too close and something goes horribly awry!

Personally, I really wouldn't want to trundle around an island again unless there was a GREAT story and reason to do so.
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »

That more my idea is that scientist are going back to observe them rather than to kill/exploit them. I just like the idea of having a gun in a game like this to be used once or twice:D
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    That more my idea is that scientist are going back to observe them rather than to kill/exploit them. I just like the idea of having a gun in a game like this to be used once or twice:D

......So, in other words you want TLW?:p
  • edited March 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    IMO, a TLW "midquel" should focus on the aftermath of the San Diego incident, transporting the Rexes back to Isla Sorna, and possibly having a pack of Raptors, (or new dinosaurs) running around the outskirts of San Diego, to explain the carnage on the SS Venture. Characters could include new representatives of InGen and US Naval personnel, plus the local Police who have to deal with the escaped dinos in the suburbs of California.

A JP3 "midquel" could occur before the events of the film and focus on the UN Security forces attempting to keep illegal visitors from Site B, (such as Enrique Cardoso's "Dino-Soar" operation), while a team of sanctioned scientists attempt to study the dinosaurs in the wild...until they get a little too close and something goes horribly awry!

Personally, I really wouldn't want to trundle around an island again unless there was a GREAT story and reason to do so.

Pretty nice ideas, dude. I totally would vote for this kind of thing. I think the TWL episodes should carry out from Ingen's perspective as you suggest, but from before their arrival to Sorna all the way till after the San Diego Incident. This could help clear some flubs and protests against the film :P

JP3 midquel would be awesome, and they would REALLY nail it if they somehow manage to uplift the importance of the events in the JP3 movie (is it even possible?).
  • edited March 2011
    I have an idea for a prequel or sequel depending on when Isla sorna is abandoned. Imagine being a scientist or warden on Isla Sorna when the shit hits the fan. Judging on how the island looked like in TLW and Jp3 the place probably had a few hundred people there. You could be a employee of ingens when they release the dinos only to realize that it was a huge mistake and the people left alive are being ordered by ingen to get out before the hurricane obliterates the island. It could also touch basis on how Ingen discovered what species were what when they were cloning and why there were raptors in those huge vials of what ever the heck that stuff was.
  • edited March 2011

I really like your ideas, especially the TLW one.

I would also like to see a midquel between JP and TLW. Telltale could combine the stories of the dismantling of the Isla Nublar facilities and the evacuation of Site B. Dodgson could try to steal embryos during both events,
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    Pretty nice ideas, dude. I totally would vote for this kind of thing. I think the TWL episodes should carry out from Ingen's perspective as you suggest, but from before their arrival to Sorna all the way till after the San Diego Incident. This could help clear some flubs and protests against the film :P

JP3 midquel would be awesome, and they would REALLY nail it if they somehow manage to uplift the importance of the events in the JP3 movie (is it even possible?).

Thanks! I agree, it would definitely be interesting to see the events of TLW through only InGen's perspective...

MasCot wrote: »
    I really like your ideas, especially the TLW one.

I would also like to see a midquel between JP and TLW. Telltale could combine the stories of the dismantling of the Isla Nublar facilities and the evacuation of Site B. Dodgson could try to steal embryos during both events,

Thanks again! And a story dealing with the "disposal of assests both organic and inorganic" on Isla Nublar mentioned in the TLW boardroom scene, as well as seeing Site B in a functional capacity would indeed be awesome!

Of course, we have to survive this one before we can deal with Isla Sorna again...;)
  • edited March 2011
    I like the idea of a hurricane on TLW. If Dr. Henry Wu doesn't play a major part in the the current game, he could very well be the main character.

So i'd say it would go like this: Dr. Wu and a few other employees don't make it off the island in time when the hurricane strikes. They are stranded on the island with dinosaurs on the loose, but no one can rescue them until the hurricane is over. So they have to survive the island until they get rescued.
  • edited March 2011
    Watsamax wrote: »
    I'd like to see a more militia approach again. Not necessarily run and gun. But I-ngen present day decides to reopen the park this time more as a preserve to study them rather than sell tickets to see them.

The new IDW comic books were about survivors of the original Jurassic Park Incident trying to exploit the dinosaurs in a present day setting. They kind of fell into the typical sequel flaw where they just do the same story over again.

I actually think it would be neat if Telltale could aquire a license for Trespasser. They could develope a more puzzle based game rather than a first-person-shooter. Just a single person trapped on an island trying to find a way out.

Kind of like Bear Gryllz meets Jurassic Park.
  • edited March 2011
    So.. the bridge between the first Jurassic Park and The Lost World is so interesting!! The construction and decommission on Isla Sorna?! The destruction and extermination of Jurassic Park? If we could potentially witness these events in a game.. somehow.. omfg. Nerdgasm right now.
  • edited March 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    So.. the bridge between the first Jurassic Park and The Lost World is so interesting!! The construction and decommission on Isla Sorna?! The destruction and extermination of Jurassic Park? If we could potentially witness these events in a game.. somehow.. omfg. Nerdgasm right now.

I totally would get behind the story of the evacuation of Isla Sorna, but how would you get around the fact that most of the dinos were infants at the time of the closing? I mean it would not be worth the time and money to make a game where the main antagonist force was the equivalency of a pitt bull?

I mean the only clean way to do a Sorna game would be to reinvent the beginning of The Lost World (the family with the kid who gets bit by compys). Get them stuck on the island post the attack somehow and situate them so they have to make their way into the island to find a radio tower to call for help and get off the island.

Yes the radio tower bit's total C**p but it's the only way you could get people stuck on a deserted island to go inland, especially if someone hears a Rex Roar/ dinos attack the boat.

Everyone goes inland, 1/2 get killed, the other 1/2 scared for life before being killed, leaving one or two to be rescued...maybe. If it weren't for the fact that storyline just reminded me of Trespasser it would be a pretty good game in its own right.
  • edited March 2011
    Personally, I'd like more of it focused on the time differences between the movies where we don't really know what's happened. Although the side-story thing parallel to the movies are good too.

I just want a mix of the familiar and the new, which is what Episode 1 is looking like right now.
  • edited April 2011
    They should do seasons for each movie. Like The Lost World were you can play as Ian Malcom. or JP 3 where you play as a survivor.
  • edited April 2011
    Personally, I'd like more of it focused on the time differences between the movies where we don't really know what's happened. Although the side-story thing parallel to the movies are good too.

I just want a mix of the familiar and the new, which is what Episode 1 is looking like right now.

Back before we knew the plot for Season 1, for some reason I actually assumed that the game would be about the "deconstruction" of Isla Nublar which happened between JP and TLW...

I actually wouldn't mind a story set between TLW and JP3, which if it were good I'd accept as the legitimate "third" story, personally...
  • edited April 2011
    I wouldn't mind a story set before the first film. Kinda go through the whole thing of building the park and the troubles that they went through. We can go through the whole story of having the raptors moved to the smaller pen. They could have a whole story where you play as Muldoon as he trying to capture the Raptors that escaped from their original exibits so they could but them in those metal cages to be transfered to the smaller one.
  • edited April 2011
    I've been hoping for some more aquatic Dinos. So maybe in a future season they could include small aquatic carnivores? I see a lot of potential in it, and it would be a great setting for the Park to have an underwater section under construction :)
  • edited April 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »

Damn right!
  • edited April 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Well, I could think of a story that plays on Site B before and while the hurricane, like seeing all the structures completely intact, and with a whole new freedom for putting new kind of dinosaurs in the game.

Or i could be were the hurricane has just happend on site b and rangers or scientists are stranded will in the storm!
  • edited April 2011
    I think that revisit of Isla Nublar, 5-10 years later would be cool. I wrote that on other thread but I'll repeat here. Something like Site B meets Isla Nublar, with dinosaurs roaming all around, fences in disrepair, EXP 04 still lying in T-Rex paddock, and EXP 05 (hope that we will see it in this game) being on the place where Telltale game left it. Same with other things shown in the game. That should not be expensive for Telltale to make, as majority of locations would be reused, and made older and more in ruin than now. After all it's story that matters. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Damn right!
    You do realize logically the military would involve itself if a similar situation occurred in real life. Whether Costa Rican or a NATO force. They would most likely seize the islands as a threat to humanity and probably after a UN meeting of sorts would decide whether to kill off the dinosaurs (as a risk to the environment) or as most keep it under their control for research and such. InGen or any other company of sorts would have a hard time trying to pry that sort of government intervention from Jurassic Park, whether money or other means.

It would be inevitable not to have a military intervention in regards to post-Jurassic Park (movies).

It may be a scientific morality analysis, but to completely ignore such a possibility of armed forces involvement with the creation of such a "wildlife preserve" dealing with genetically created animals is just ignorant.
  • edited April 2011
    It would be inevitable not to have a military intervention in regards to post-Jurassic Park (movies).

Because the post-movies were only produced because of its success not necessarily because of the story…imho
  • edited April 2011
    Back before we knew the plot for Season 1, for some reason I actually assumed that the game would be about the "deconstruction" of Isla Nublar which happened between JP and TLW...

I actually wouldn't mind a story set between TLW and JP3, which if it were good I'd accept as the legitimate "third" story, personally...

Back then I didnt know anything about the amazing company known as Telltale Games. I heard about it and I really thought it was a remake of Trespasser! I'm glad it is not though, that does not seem like an assignment for Telltale, and besides, the story they are working on now is just as good!!!
  • edited April 2011
    if they create a second game, I want it to follow the events in the lost world novel. Forget the film. The novel was much more character driven and had some serious depth. If telltale could retell the story in a cinematic format and allow the player to control different characters during various parts of the story, it would make it a perfect adaptation.
  • edited April 2011
    Season 2 should definitely be set between JP and TLW, and on Site B, showing how the Ingen scientists escaped.
  • edited April 2011
    I think, for a future season they should make it about the first island still. The reason is because with all the JP games out there, there are none that allow to play as lex or tim or anyone else from the first film except for the games where you are Dr. Grant and go around shooting things to beat the level. I would like it if TellTale made a future season exactly the same as the movie like the real story instead of playing as another person on a whole different part of the island. I want to experience the first film in video game format, because all the other ones suck! But i think i am going to like this new one with harding and what not.
  • edited April 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    I think, for a future season they should make it about the first island still. The reason is because with all the JP games out there, there are none that allow to play as lex or tim or anyone else from the first film except for the games where you are Dr. Grant and go around shooting things to beat the level. I would like it if TellTale made a future season exactly the same as the movie like the real story instead of playing as another person on a whole different part of the island. I want to experience the first film in video game format, because all the other ones suck! But i think i am going to like this new one with harding and what not.

That would be really awesome. More Isla Nublar please! :)
  • edited April 2011
    veki wrote: »
    That would be really awesome. More Isla Nublar please! :)

Wouldnt it though, i really just want to get a chance to play as the people out of the movie and experience the first film over again but to play it in video game format. I truly think that would be awesome:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.