Free Episode 1 question.

Hi all,

I was wondering how you use the code that allows you to download the first episode for free. I have tried entering the code into the 'coupon' section in the checkout but it wants me to buy the entire game and I would much rather try the free ep before I decide whether to purchase the whole thing.

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    just go here: http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer and click on register for your free episode.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the link. I have downloaded it and after a few problems with divx it installed. Problem now is that when I press play it does nothing...
  • edited February 2011
    Yes, I'm having the same issue... How do you get it to play?!
  • edited February 2011
    again, like in other posts I and others said:

if your running it on windows 7, right click and run as administer, you can go to properties and change the security settings settings

windows 7 is more secure then the other versions, and it gets anyoying cause you have to do this with many Apps and when you want to extract stuff to files too!!

I think someone should do a sticky about this, or at least update in problems topic
  • edited February 2011
    Problem now is that when I press play it does nothing...

I have the same issue – under Mac OS X.
  • jmijmi
    edited February 2011
    where can i download the game ? or how ??
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2011
    jmi wrote: »
    where can i download the game ? or how ??
    If you register for the game on this page, you will be able to download and play it (if you already registered, you should have a download link on your My Telltale page).
  • edited February 2011
    redakdal wrote: »

if your running it on windows 7, right click and run as administer, you can go to properties and change the security settings settings

windows 7 is more secure then the other versions, and it gets anyoying cause you have to do this with many Apps and when you want to extract stuff to files too!!

I think someone should do a sticky about this, or at least update in problems topic

What about users running OS X?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    nksk wrote: »
    What about users running OS X?

There are several solutions to OS X related problems in various threads in the game support forum.
  • edited March 2011
    redakdal wrote: »

For the record, running as administrator changes nothing for me. As before, nothing happens when i click on "play." Has anyone else found a workaround for this? I was quite interested in purchasing this game, but if I can't get the demo to work, I'm skeptical about having better luck with the full version.
  • edited July 2011
    What about those of us who have the installer but no activation code or coupon? I can't figure out how to get E1 activated on my account.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.