Graphics Problems

so i started playing the game and i have a big problem. there are 9 settings for graphics quality in the options, not counting shading/effects/anti-aliasing, and its really choppy and the mouse is quite slow to respond unless i have it at 1-3. usually i don't care about the quality of games (especially ones with a great story like BttF) and would play at reduced quality just so it has a good, fluid FPS, but if its not set to 4 or higher i dont see anything on screen except the HUD! no characters, level, anything, but i can see words come up if i move my mouse over something. anybody else have this problem? help greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Odd. What kind of video card are you running? Are your drivers up to date? If not, that would be a good place to start.
  • edited February 2011
    I am having a video problem as well. On eps. 1 it was choppy is some parts, more of the straight video stuff, but game play was fine. I jsut downloaded eps 2, and now there is no video. It has video for the open credits but when marty and doc start talkign..... nothing. If I minize it and bring it back up sometimes I can get the menu bar (ie inventory, hints, etc) to come up but still no video. Any ideas?
  • edited February 2011
    I'm having the same problem as you jester for episode 2, no video just marty and doc talking. I even did the direct x check when you first install it, but nothing's going.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I jsut downloaded eps 2, and now there is no video. It has video for the open credits but when marty and doc start talkign..... nothing. If I minize it and bring it back up sometimes I can get the menu bar (ie inventory, hints, etc) to come up but still no video. Any ideas?
    zoey85 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem as you jester for episode 2, no video just marty and doc talking. I even did the direct x check when you first install it, but nothing's going.

Could you try switching to windowed mode (I believe it's alt-enter on PC) and lower the graphics quality settings before switching back to fullscreen?
  • edited February 2011
    No something is really wrong with the game. I uninstalled, reinstalled it again, same thing happens, no video just sound. And I let it go and then I was able to get the inventory up and see the flux icon to highlight an object and the words come up on the bottom but that's all, everything else is black still. I decided to try episode 1 and it works fine, has video. What a waste of money, going to have to wait til it comes to Ps3.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Sorry zoey85.
    You might have more luck in the Game Support forum (there might even already be helpful threads related to problems similar to yours).
    Good luck!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.