How to make characters stop talking and get on with it

edited March 2011 in Back to the Future
You know with Edna's song it was 5 hours long? I figured out that if you right-click, then it will immediatly go to the end of their sentence or whatever their saying. A wonderful time saver. :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Jeez, talk about an overstatement. The song was both enjoyable and 15 seconds long.
  • edited February 2011
    The song is now my ringtone.
  • edited February 2011
    I figured out that if you press the open button on your microwave before the timer has finished, then you can get your food out early...

...or maybe I'm missing the point.
  • edited February 2011
    lol 5 hours long. You actually had me there for a while. I was like trying to figure out whether something was wrong with your computer or that I missed something.
  • edited February 2011
    Origami wrote: »
    lol 5 hours long. You actually had me there for a while. I was like trying to figure out whether something was wrong with your computer or that I missed something.

It's all a part of society today and their quick fix, fast food, attention deficit disorder, give me everything right now attitude.

Bloody whippersnappers.

For those who care, you can also right click your way through all of the dialogue in the game. Or perhaps you'd care to simply watch a playthrough on Youtube and hit the fast forward button. You could probably be done in 10 minutes total and be back with your favorite BANG BANG, BOOM BOOM games in no time.
  • edited February 2011
    It is nice to be able to right-click through dialog on a second playthrough, or when dealing with repeated conversations when stuck on something
  • edited February 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    It is nice to be able to right-click through dialog on a second playthrough, or when dealing with repeated conversations when stuck on something

Hmm, I guess.
  • edited February 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    It's all a part of society today and their quick fix, fast food, attention deficit disorder, give me everything right now attitude.

Bloody whippersnappers.

For those who care, you can also right click your way through all of the dialogue in the game. Or perhaps you'd care to simply watch a playthrough on Youtube and hit the fast forward button. You could probably be done in 10 minutes total and be back with your favorite BANG BANG, BOOM BOOM games in no time.

I don't think that's fair. Perhaps in OP's case it is, but I can sit through a 15 minute long Tarantino monologue and love every second of it. At the same time, I start to get annoyed with Telltale/other video game dialogue very quickly. That's because Tarantino's stuff is well written, well directed, and well acted, and Telltale's stuff is generally none of those things. Watching a great actor deliver a monologue can be awesome - watching a poorly animated 3D character deliver one with a mediocre voice actor sucks.
  • edited February 2011
    JuntMonkey wrote: »
    I don't think that's fair.

You shouldn't take me so seriously. Lord knows, no-one else does...
    computer_sad_dog2.jpg
    Quick, someone grab a violin

P.S. When someone below the age of 70 says 'whippersnappers' you should probably take what their saying with a pinch of salt ;)
  • edited February 2011
    You shouldn't take me so seriously. Lord knows, no-one else does.
    computer_sad_dog2.jpg

- :(
  • edited February 2011
    For those who care, you can also right click your way through all of the dialogue in the game.

So are you saying "We should care"? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    So are you saying "We should care"? ;)

Q: How much would a Care Bear care if a Care Bear could care?

A: A Care Bear would care no amount since a Care Bear can not care if it is not a real bear.

Are you are a Care Bear? If not then I guess you should bear to care some amount depending on how much you care in relation to a Care Bear, which cares no amount but you may still care where the Care Bare may not care but that's not to say that a Care Bare shouldn't care if a Care Bear could bear to care some amount...
    0.jpg
    GET ON WITH IT!!!

...um, I guess it's up to you to care if you can bear to care but you shouldn't care if to care is too much to bear. Whereas a Care Bear may care if...
    m-26_artillery_rocket_firing.jpe

nuclear_weapons_testing.jpe

flatline.jpg

flatline.jpg

Crowd.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Learning-how-to-right-click-with-a-mac.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Learning-how-to-right-click-with-a-mac.jpg

?!?! Uh, hold down control and click on the mouse. Am I missing something here?!
  • edited March 2011
    Julianne wrote: »

You are awesome!
  • edited March 2011
    ?!?! Uh, hold down control and click on the mouse. Am I missing something here?!

What I meant was that doing that in the game doesn't skip the dialogue.
  • edited March 2011
    What I meant was that doing that in the game doesn't skip the dialogue.

D'oh, of course!
    482.jpg

I'm guessing you've tried pressing the spacebar?
  • edited March 2011
    On my Macbook, I right-click by clicking while two fingers are on the trackpad. That works for skipping dialogue. Not sure what would work on a normal Mac mouse if Ctrl-Click doesn't work, though.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    It works fine with a Magic Mouse.
  • edited March 2011
    Personally I think that the Mac's single button mouse is the most retarded creation throughout the entire spectrum of history. That seems to be a part of Apple's philosophy though; simplification to the point of complexation.

Ohhh, my tiny brain couldn't possibly figure out how to operate two whole buttons! Jeez.
  • edited March 2011
    Personally I think that the Mac's single button mouse is the most retarded creation throughout the entire spectrum of history. That seems to be a part of Apple's philosophy though; simplification to the point of complexation.

Ohhh, my tiny brain couldn't possibly figure out how to operate two whole buttons! Jeez.

Agreed. That's one of the (admittedly) few reasons I haven't considered a Mac
  • edited March 2011
    Spacebar just pauses the game on Mac.
  • edited March 2011
    Spacebar just pauses the game on Mac.

Uh, how about the period key (.)? Or maybe try running your hand across the keyboard and seeing if any of them work? Surely, there's some way to achieve this! Bloody Apple!
  • edited March 2011
    It doesn't matter really, I mean 90% of the game is cutscenes and dialogue anyway so I'd just be skipping most of the game.
  • edited March 2011
    It doesn't matter really, I mean 90% of the game is cutscenes and dialogue anyway so I'd just be skipping most of the game.

...and we've come full circle to my original point.
  • edited March 2011
    I've heard you can just plug a USB two-button mouse into a Mac and it will work as you'd expect it to.

Haven't tried it myself, though.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I've heard you can just plug a USB two-button mouse into a Mac and it will work as you'd expect it to.
    You can and it will.
    My mighty mouse's scroll ball "died" pretty fast, so I switched to a regular USB two-button mouse before I got a magic mouse.
  • edited March 2011
    2 buttons?
    Are there actually mice with less than 3 buttons made in this century?
    (Note, the wheel doubles as a button)
  • edited March 2011
    Julianne wrote: »

Great minds think alike. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Speaking of which, you do realise most people knew about the right clicking right?
    Its funny here, but all of the new BTTF people are speculating about stuff that most TTG members already know.
    That seems funny to me.
  • edited March 2011

I'm not sure if it's in all of the "one button" Mac mice or just the one I tried, but despite looking like one continuous button the mouse I tried actually can tell the difference between the user pressing on the left and on the right.
    However there is a setting which controls whether or not to register the right-clicks, which is turned off by default.
    I hate continuous mice though, so I grabbed a logitech.
  • edited March 2011
    macgyver.jpg

All Mac's are kinda silly.:p
  • edited March 2011
    Krohn wrote: »
    2 buttons?
    Are there actually mice with less than 3 buttons made in this century?
    (Note, the wheel doubles as a button)

Nope, not all wheel mice have buttons in the wheel. Some that do, don't send a signal when you press the wheel button either. (Ala the first replacement dualshocks / standalone dualshocks for PSOne. The analog sticks had buttons in them (R3, L3) but the games had to be coded to accept them. Only a couple did.)

As for if mice are built with fewer than three buttons:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chester+Creek+-+Children%27s+Optical+Mouse/9489706.p?id=1218112983106&skuId=9489706

Most trackball mice don't have more than two buttons either. Also, the mac mouse can work on PCs. So, there are plenty of mice with fewer than three buttons. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    zounds! wrote: »
    macgyver.jpg

all mac's are kinda silly.:p

WiN.
  • edited March 2011
    The cheap one I'm using now costs $8 from the local computer parts shop has 3 buttons and a scroll-wheel. I'm never paying $50 for a Mighty mouse or any other mouse from Apple again. They always break on me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.