Let's make Part 4!

edited March 2011 in Back to the Future
Here's an idea I've had for a while: if somebody has a movie-making software, we can turn BTTF the game into Part 4!

Here's the deal:

-5-Episode mini-series where each episode is a movie
-NOT a speedrun of the episodes, has to show other stuff (example: don't neccecarily examine the town square model first in episode 1)
-if you've ever seen any Sonic films by SonicMovies, then you know what I'm aiming for.
-Any "choose your answer" parts will be omitted; make it seem like a MOVIE, not a game
-filming needs to be alias-consistent (as for who it is, I prefer Harry, but Corleone might be alright. I just want the "go ahead, make my day" joke :D)
-Do NOT split into parts yet

Finally, we need someone who's willing to do the filming, and someone with good editing software (Sony Vegas is pretty good, WMM isn't that great). Who's up?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I'd be keen to help. I have Vegas - and also a Macbook Pro with iMovie 11

Is there anything to stop us doing a fan edit? So, we could maybe use an alternate explanation for the Delorean coming to Marty. Alternate cinematography/score etc. I haven't finished Episode 1 yet but I don't think Huey Lewis in the games at all. So we could use elements of the movies' scores, Back in Time etc somehow

so it's not just a simple capture->edit deal
  • edited March 2011
    What alternate explanation of the Delorean coming to Marty do you think would be better?
  • edited March 2011
    Why, built by Doctor Who of course! ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Toneiiblue wrote: »
    I'd be keen to help. I have Vegas - and also a Macbook Pro with iMovie 11

Is there anything to stop us doing a fan edit? So, we could maybe use an alternate explanation for the Delorean coming to Marty. Alternate cinematography/score etc. I haven't finished Episode 1 yet but I don't think Huey Lewis in the games at all. So we could use elements of the movies' scores, Back in Time etc somehow

so it's not just a simple capture->edit deal

BAck in Time is played from the jukebox in Doc's lab in 1986, and is played during the end credits of Get Tannen
  • edited March 2011
    Just take the script of the game, play around with it a little to iorn out the few plot holes and basically you have a perfect Back To The Future : Part 4 movie.
  • edited March 2011
    Okay, so we need a plan. I'll divide it into steps.

Step 1. Film the movie.
    Step 2. Edit the movie and make it WORK.
    *at this point e-mail it to me and I'll oversee any possible changes.
    Step 3. Put it together and Publish it on YouTube.

So Who's doing the intiative of Step 1?

I can't because of lack of decent software (or ANY software). Anyone can do it, and when the final take comes around, I can decide which one to put in.

First Part to do:
    Episode 1 until Marty arrives in 1931.
  • edited March 2011
    As far as alternate DeLorean explanations go, there are legit Christopher Lloyd audio files you can use through the TellTale Speech Extractor thing that are alternate explanations cut from the game. There's the idea of Doc retreiving it from 1955 while it was hidden behind the billboard with the intent of someday returning it so it can fill out its timeline and be destroyed, the same logic but applied to when it was hidden in the mine in 1885, Doc having rebuilt it and mentioning considering using a different car but there being a problem with the metal people use in the future, and a line about the DeLorean the train destroyed at the end of part III was actuallly a fake using shoddy used something parts (a reference to the bomb shell filled with used pinball machine parts).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.