Episode 4 Access Violation

edited March 2007 in Game Support
Hi there!

I'm getting the following error when pressing on "launch" in the starter for episode 4 :

Error: Access violation at 0x004DCA8F (tried to read from 0x0421CB94), program terminated.

It ran before, the only thing changed on my system were some xp updates, don't know if that has anything to do with that.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    The same thing happens to me. Episode 1 and 2 run fine, episode 3 gives access violation error right after the intro, episode 4 crashes right after clicking launch game.
    System: geforce 6800, windows xp SP1
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Danny, upgrading to SP2 might fix it for you, if you're willing to try that.

Spellbreaker, what are your system specs? Do you have an Nvidia card?
  • edited March 2007
    Thanks Emily, but for various reasons I can't upgrade to SP2.
  • edited March 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Danny, upgrading to SP2 might fix it for you, if you're willing to try that.

Spellbreaker, what are your system specs? Do you have an Nvidia card?

I have Windows XP Professional with SP 2.
    AMD Sempron 2800+
    1024MB RAM
    DirectX 9.0c

NVIDIA GeForce 6800GS, Driver Version 6.14.10.9371

The Mainboard is a MSI K8N Neo3 with a NForce Chipset
    edited March 2007
    Some folks in this thread are thinking the 93.71 Nvidia drivers could be the problem. It's possible that switching to older drivers might make a difference.
  • edited March 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Some folks in this thread are thinking the 93.71 Nvidia drivers could be the problem. It's possible that switching to older drivers might make a difference.

Read that thread, installed older drivers, same problem. Since one guy had a 6800 geforce card too with the 9371 drivers, I'd guess that can't be the problem.... I'd love to see some kind of patch in the near future, otherwise I think I'll contact ttg for a 50% refund ( since episodes 1-3 are working great, only ep 4 does not work...about 5 and 6 I don't know anything of course)
    edited March 2007
    Well, Doug tried it too, with the same card and the 9731 drivers, and didn't have the crash. So it must be something else.

We can do a partial refund if you want, just email support@telltalegames.com and ask. Sorry I don't have a better solution right now. :(
  • edited March 2007
    Thanks for the ( not so good ) answer. I'll wait for episode five before I am claiming a refund. I hope it is not to late then to get a refund when that episode will not work here too.
    edited March 2007
    I'll wait for episode five before I am claiming a refund. I hope it is not to late then to get a refund when that episode will not work here too.

Nope, it won't be too late. When you email our support you're talking to actual people (probably me), not robots who insist on silly things like dates. ;)
This discussion has been closed.