Attempting to Start Game Reboots PC

edited April 2011 in Game Support
I downloaded the free version of episode 1 yesterday and I've tried several times to play the game. After clicking new game and then selecting either option to be provided hints for next task/mission or not, the moment I click either option, my PC reboots. Please help. I've now attempted to download the game 2 times - same results. HUGE fan of the films, it's my favorite of all time. Majorly bummed.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    That can be a serious issue, possibly even hardware failure.

Is your computer old?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Please post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited April 2011
    ok hows i dxdiag file s'pposed to help? here's mine cos my copy of the game does nothing but crash every five minutes. what now?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2011
    ok hows i dxdiag file s'pposed to help? here's mine cos my copy of the game does nothing but crash every five minutes. what now?

Does just the game crash, or your whole system?
    Do you get any error message?
    Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Date and Size: 7/3/2008 16:03:48, 2152088 bytes

Anyway, i would try installing the latest Realtek HDA Driver.
  • edited April 2011
    i don't think it's a problem with the audio. it might be but i dont think so. the whole computer crashes, i have to force it to restart, i dont get any error messages. changing resolution or graphics quality doesnt help either.
  • edited April 2011
    ok i download that HDA Driver, but now when i try and install it i get an error message saying 'the dependency service or group failed to start' what the hell does that even mean? someone help me out here this is really driving me down :(
This discussion has been closed.