Back To The Future : The Game Patch ?

edited March 2011 in Back to the Future
I don't know if someone already asked that , and I think that I already know the answer , but that's just an idea .

Here's the idea :
All the maps and the cars are realistic enough I think , but can you tell me if it is possible to make a kind of patch to replace the actual characters with realistic characters models ( like the Jurassic Park game ) ? This can be a patch after the release of all the episodes , something like that . What do you think ? :-/

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Well the only game telltale has ever patched was Poker Night, and that still needs to be patched.
    I must admit I have no problem with the models though, care to explain why this is a problem? I have heard other people complain about this too so I know it isnt just you.
  • edited March 2011
    It's cartoony and that bothers some people. I think it would have been cool to have a more realistic art style but I'm perfectly happy with how it is.
  • edited March 2011
    I just think that this is useless to make a BTTF game cartoony and the JP game realistic ... I also like this style but when I think that the only BTTF game won't have realistic graphisms ,it makes me want to kick someone's a** X-)
  • edited March 2011
    The cartoony style really fits BTTF, IMHO. It doesn't bother me one bit, and I think they really nailed the characters - Marty especially. However, my husband feels they tried to make them look too, should I say, cute, which (in his opinion) wasn't needed because the real characters were lovable anyway. So, it really is just a matter of individual taste.

Back on topic, I don't think TTG would do this kind of thing. It would be a lot of work to completely re-do the characters, especially for the game that's already all done.
  • edited March 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Well the only game telltale has ever patched was Poker Night, and that still needs to be patched.

While not really a patch, they did alter the DVD version of Launch of the Screaming Narwhal so LeChuck was voiced by Earl Boen.

Anyway, making realistic character models for every character from scratch just wouldn't be...well, realistic. That's a lot of work to go through just because some people don't like the art style.

And besides, Telltale needs some practice in realistic character models. Jurassic Park seems to be an improvement over CSI so far, but it could still be better.
  • edited March 2011
    If a patch was to be made and released I'd want it to be for the voices. As they just sound screechy/distorted etc. :(
  • edited March 2011
    If a patch was to be made and released I'd want it to be for the voices. As they just sound screechy/distorted etc. :(

I think that is your computer there.
    I have yet to see that at least.
  • edited March 2011
    I notice it on my laptop and the Ps3 version.
  • edited March 2011

I play the game on my laptop and I haven't experienced such a thing. It could just be your computer.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.