possible locations of the movie(s) that we'll see ingame...

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I suppose some aquatic dinosaur species could have been beached on shore like whales and sharks are today.. and be a feast to insects and mosquitoes. It's a long shot, but hey, nothing's impossible.

I don't see how they found so much mosquito-filled amber though.. seems like that would be kind of a rare occurence. And if they found so many species of dinosaurs, why no prehistoric mammals or Pleistocene creatures like Mammoths or Megatherium? I'd certainly want to cash in on those if I came across their DNA.
  • edited March 2011
    AndyCullen wrote: »
    I suppose some aquatic dinosaur species could have been beached on shore like whales and sharks are today.. and be a feast to insects and mosquitoes. It's a long shot, but hey, nothing's impossible.

I don't see how they found so much mosquito-filled amber though.. seems like that would be kind of a rare occurence. And if they found so many species of dinosaurs, why no prehistoric mammals or Pleistocene creatures like Mammoths or Megatherium? I'd certainly want to cash in on those if I came across their DNA.

Of you can take a page from the MEG (short for Megalodon) book series (Highly recommended to anyone here, it's similar to JP in having a prehistoric beast alive today) and have live captured specimens that have survived all these years inside a deep underwater trench (Mariana Trench in the book).

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg:_A_Novel_of_Deep_Terror
  • edited March 2011
    Meg is really awesome they say that if the lived in abundance today we would not be able to build boats big enough to intimidate them from not attacking... And when they were the size of jumbo jets your boat would not keep you safe.. They had biting power stronger than a rex and their bites are measured in the tons
  • edited March 2011
    I think it would be cool to go through the nursery and see some of the young dinosaurs of Jurassic Park.
  • edited March 2011
    Of you can take a page from the MEG (short for Megalodon) book series (Highly recommended to anyone here, it's similar to JP in having a prehistoric beast alive today) and have live captured specimens that have survived all these years inside a deep underwater trench (Mariana Trench in the book).

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg:_A_Novel_of_Deep_Terror

MEG was an okay book, I don't know. Steve Alten won't ever be as good as Michael Crichton OR Peter Benchley. The series gets progressivly stupid if you've read the plot summaries on Wikipedia. But, all in all it was a good story.
  • edited March 2011
    I like the idea of a Jurassic aquarium and aviary.

I read the whole thing about “rights to the film but not the book,” but I think it would be cool to see some kind of rafting adventure with a T. rex attack or an encounter with the failed aviary hotel. I think it adds more depth to the park with a lot of potential for good action sequences.
  • edited March 2011
    According to the novel, they had two ways to create dinosaur DNA. one was the classic mosquito and amber process and the other was grinding up fossils and some complicated stuff that I forgot. So if the process is canon to the movies then that would mean that they could get marine reptiles.
  • edited March 2011
    According to the novel, they had two ways to create dinosaur DNA. one was the classic mosquito and amber process and the other was grinding up fossils and some complicated stuff that I forgot. So if the process is canon to the movies then that would mean that they could get marine reptiles.

But the amount of DNA you can recieve from grinding up fossils will give you about 20% of the sequence according to Wu. Try to fill those huge gaps up successfully and all you will make is Jeff Goldblum as the Fly!
  • edited March 2011
    Ever since I was a kid and the evolution of computers and the internet, i've always wanted to be able to see a 3-d version of the entire island in detail. We have the old geography maps from when the movies were released but they don't tell much. I want to actually be able to experience the island in detail as it would be seen had the tour not gone to hell.

I'm hopeful that with this game we can do this somewhat. To say the least, I'm VERY excited!'

And OMG! I thought I was the only was who is a fan of EXP 5! lolz

I agree! a 3D map is my dream!

And for my input on this topic? If we could see the Pteratops Lodge? The River Adventure? Even the Raptor viewing area (witness a feeding up close and personal)? Holy crap - I would be in heaven. If none of those, at least put in the River Adventure!! Similarly to what happened in the first novel with Grant, and his encounters with the Aviary and the River Adventure.. that could be a HUGE throwback to the novels!!!
  • edited March 2011
    We know the Bone Shaker will be in the game!
  • edited March 2011
    I want to see what happens with Wu. I hope he gets munched on by the raptors as well as Muldoon.. haha!
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    We know the Bone Shaker will be in the game!
    I was hoping for more of those incomplete rides shown in the movie than new amusement park rides.
  • edited April 2011
    -Jurassic Park Gate
    -Heliplatform with the Jeep
    -The garages for the cars
  • edited April 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Meg is really awesome they say that if the lived in abundance today we would not be able to build boats big enough to intimidate them from not attacking... And when they were the size of jumbo jets your boat would not keep you safe.. They had biting power stronger than a rex and their bites are measured in the tons

you'd be suprised at the evidence supporting their existence, as far as the boat thing.. thats mosasaurs.. a shark that big's ampullae of lorenzini would trip balls from a small boat keeping them away, i tested it with a shocky pen at a shark tank in boston all the sharks cleared out from a small pen...

just look up 1918 giant shark, david stead.

as far as jurassic park having aquatic life they could have sea animals preserved in permafrost from receding waterline over the years or something lol
  • edited April 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    as far as jurassic park having aquatic life they could have sea animals preserved in permafrost from receding waterline over the years or something lol

Enough attempts at expanding the Jurassic Park universe already! If Telltale incuded it im sure it would be cool, but Jurassic Park isn't about truly creating a Lost World! John Hammond wanted to follow his childhood dream and see DINOSAURS alive, not prehistoric sea creatures. he wasnt gonna spend his money digging through permafrost when he had already collected millions of pieces of amber!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Enough attempts at expanding the Jurassic Park universe already! If Telltale incuded it im sure it would be cool, but Jurassic Park isn't about truly creating a Lost World! John Hammond wanted to follow his childhood dream and see DINOSAURS alive, not prehistoric sea creatures. he wasnt gonna spend his money digging through permafrost when he had already collected millions of pieces of amber!!!!

I think the logical step would have been to expand to another set of extinct animals eventually had JP succeeded. Whether prehistoric sea creatures or the Mammoths or Sabertooth Tigers of the Ice Age. A whole franchise of extinct animals!
  • edited April 2011
    We should keep in mind that this was a new park and likely was not advanced beyond the basic concept yet. Had Jurassic Park survived, then it's likely they would have developed more animals and attractions. But as the park stands now, it's probably not overly developed yet. At some point they would need to open up and make money before they can spend anymore money.
  • edited April 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    We should keep in mind that this was a new park and likely was not advanced beyond the basic concept yet. Had Jurassic Park survived, then it's likely they would have developed more animals and attractions. But as the park stands now, it's probably not overly developed yet. At some point they would need to open up and make money before they can spend anymore money.

Amazing explaination! The small chance that you would have of recovering DNA is nothing like getting four medium size fossils like in Operation Genesis. The millions of pieces of amber you would need would result in the cloning of a very small amount (if any) of different species.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm really hoping we'll at least get to see the aviary in the season. Is it a little much to ask for Pteranodons in this game? I'm just asking for an episode with the aviary in it, the Pteranodons don't have to be in it, but we could at least show where they were going to be. In JP1, while they are eating their lunch, you can hear Hammond's voice over the intercom talking about the Jungle River Cruise and getting a "closer look at our majestic winged dinosaurs", of course they're pterosaurs, but hey Hammond wasn't too good with the details.
  • edited April 2011
    xcruiser wrote: »
    -Jurassic Park Gate
    -Heliplatform with the Jeep
    -The garages for the cars

Yes, this. Please Telltale make it so ;)
  • edited April 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    I want to see what happens with Wu. I hope he gets munched on by the raptors as well as Muldoon.. haha!

But he was off the island by this time. On the boat back to mainland, correct?
  • edited April 2011
    But he was off the island by this time. On the boat back to mainland, correct?

Yes, he SHOULD be on the boat for the mainland. He mentioned to Hammond that he was hoping the eggs would hatch before he had to leave for the boat. But, that's all we have to go on.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.