Confused Questions

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
First of all, I'd like to say I'm very glad to see a new Jurassic Park game being made. Jurassic Park is one of my favourite franchises and ever since Operation Genesis, I'd hope a new game would be made. It renews my hope for a JP 4.

Anyway, here's why I made this thread. It may pertain to episodic games in general, but I'm just posting this here because it's the game I want. I've never played episodic games, so it'll most be about that.

1. How do episodic games work? Will it be just part of the game, then a "To be continued"?

2. How will it be bought? Will I pay once and get all five? If I don't preorder, and buy at a later time, will I have to pay for each episode, or will I get them all as one package?

3. I read that if you preorder, you get one episode a month for five months. Will that still happen if you buy it later, or will furture buyers just get it all at once?

I'm sure I have other questions, but I cannot remember them at this time. Thanks for any answers, and I'll ask as I remember.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Brodoin wrote: »

1. How do episodic games work? Will it be just part of the game, then a "To be continued"?

2. How will it be bought? Will I pay once and get all five? If I don't preorder, and buy at a later time, will I have to pay for each episode, or will I get them all as one package?

3. I read that if you preorder, you get one episode a month for five months. Will that still happen if you buy it later, or will furture buyers just get it all at once?

I'm sure I have other questions, but I cannot remember them at this time. Thanks for any answers, and I'll ask as I remember.

1. Pretty much. They usually end each episode on a cliffhanger. It's like a short TV season.

2. You pay once and get all five. If you do it later you get all five.

3. Future buyers get it all at once.
  • edited March 2011
    If you pre-order you get $5 off the entire season... and access to the pre-order boards, right now the team is answering our questions and you get a weekly deal.. Its a pretty fun atmosphere to be a part of.
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks for the information, it makes sense.
  • edited March 2011
    Sisyphus wrote: »
    1. Pretty much. They usually end each episode on a cliffhanger. It's like a short TV season.

2. You pay once and get all five. If you do it later you get all five.

3. Future buyers get it all at once.

Yeah, but future buyers wont be able to get all five episodes at once tell the end of August or September. First episode comes out in April and well get one episode a month after that. Episode 2 = May, Episode 3 = June, etc....
  • edited March 2011
    But now that you have the answer I am locking this thread up... Most other questions are answered or CAN be answered in this handy thread
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23142

Welcome to the boards I hope you stick around... Some of the fun is playing the episodes and chatting up with fellow fans here on the boards.
This discussion has been closed.