Suggestion: Back to the Future 3D Cartoon

edited March 2011 in Back to the Future
Sorry if I prematurely got everyone excited with the title, but I would like to be one of the first to voice my support for a 3D animated weekly cartoon series with the look and characters from Back to the Future : The Game. I've watched clips of it on YouTube and I would absolutely love to see more adventures of Doc and Marty on a weekly basis, like the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.

I beg to the powers that be at Telltale Games to get this thing under discussion immediately. You've got great characters, a solid storyline and the attention of the creators of BTTF. Please make this happen. You've got an amazing voice talent doing Marty (that pretty much has been accepted by fans across the board) and although you may not secure Christopher Lloyd for a weekly tv series, we'd also accept a passable "Doc Brown" impression if it was as tight as A.J.'s Marty McFly.

In summation, lemme just say... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!

Your friend in time,

Rush Montgomery III

PS - If you're a fan of the movie franchise like me, chime in with your support! We should start a petition.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Wow. I like the idea, but don't see it happening. If it does, so much joy will be had!
  • edited March 2011
    I would certainly watch a BTTF cartoon... but yeah I do not see it happening either.
  • edited March 2011
    The only dangerous thing with doing a weekly series is keeping all of the mythology in tact. I mean, if it's regarded as its own separate entity from the BTTF universe (like the short-lived cartoon series), then obviously there's more freedom. But I think we'd all like a series that doesn't deviate as much as the cartoon series. I mean c'mon, you can't take a smart idea like BTTF and reduce it to Jules, Verne, and Marty going back in time to help Doc overcome his fear of fishing (yes, that's actually an episode plot). Putting the entire space time continuum at risk...for a rainbow trout.

As somebody said in another thread, the Delorean in the cartoon became more of a space and time machine, in that it could go back and forward in time and appear virtually anywhere. I think if the series was done smartly, and focused around Hill Valley as its central location (kind of like the first two seasons of Sliders and San Francisco), it could work.
  • edited March 2011
    Zaron3d wrote: »
    I've watched clips of it on YouTube

So you're asking Telltale to do something when you haven't bought the game yourself? Uhh...
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think a cartoon would be as good because it would need to be fresh every week or whatever iteration. I think they should just keep making new games, if they released a series every other year, I'd buy it, especially with this quality of gameplay. As is every day I come back checking to see if there is new content!
  • edited March 2011
    I'm pretty sure that Telltale Games isn't a TV production studio, nor do they have the rights to do that with the Back to the Future franchise even if they were inclined to do so.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.