Launcher problem

2»

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Here it is, hope it reveals something.

I'm going to call my isp as well. Maybe it is a problem with them after all...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Here it is, hope it reveals something.

I'm going to call my isp as well. Maybe it is a problem with them after all...

You could try unplugging your XBOX Controller and all other non essential USB devices.
    Description: Realtek HD Audio output
    Date and Size: 1/20/2009 13:53:06, 5027840 bytes
    I would also update the Audio driver.
  • edited August 2011
    Nope... didn't work.
    Updating the audio driver was probably important anyway, so thanks for that ;
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Have you tried starting it while connected through Hotspot shield yet?
    If it works then, it's probably a network issue.
  • edited August 2011
    I talked to my isp and they say nothing's blocked... so I'm stumped.
  • edited August 2011
    I'll try that now
  • edited August 2011
    Nope. Still doesn't work. :/

I wonder what could be wrong here...
  • edited August 2011
    sorry, double post...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Nope. Still doesn't work. :/

I wonder what could be wrong here...

That's odd. Was the hotspot shield icon in the system tray green, while you started the game?
  • edited August 2011
    Yup
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Yup

I really don't have many ideas left...
    Let's go a few steps back.
    Do the launchers of episodes 1-4 still work?
    You can find the individual launchers in the installation folders of the episodes. This can be e.g.
    C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Back to the Future The Game\Episode 1\BackToTheFuture101.exe
    for episode one.
  • edited August 2011
    Well I uninstalled the other episodes to try that offline solution, but I did try them before I uninstalled them and they had the same problem.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Well I uninstalled the other episodes to try that offline solution, but I did try them before I uninstalled them and they had the same problem.

But they worked earlier on the same system?
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah. I think episode 4 had a similar problem when I first tried to run it but after a day or so it worked fine, and I didn't do anything to solve it.

The other episodes also had a problem but that was different and pressing ctrl shift and +/- fixed that.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Yeah. I think episode 4 had a similar problem when I first tried to run it but after a day or so it worked fine, and I didn't do anything to solve it.

I think this is to hard to track down for me. It might be something that changed in your windows installation.

If you have the resources you could try installing a second windows on another harddisk, so you can at least play the final episode.

An alternative that doesn't change your current system too much is installing a windows in vmware player. The game would run a bit slower, but should be playable with your hardware.
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks for the help... I could reinstall windows but it's too much of a hassle. I'll just wait till I upgrade or something :/
    I hope Telltale doesn't use this launcher again :P
This discussion has been closed.