Mistakes with Jurassic Park movie

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Someone posted this video on the Xbox.com forums, it shows the mistakes and inaccuracies in Jurassic Park, enjoy and discuss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvawCGz86yY

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Had to turn the video off after the first thing with the trailer.
    I know there are always inconsistencies and mistakes with movies,
    but I find that once again Ignorance is Bliss (bing!).
    If I know the mistakes I will always notice them when watching the movie,
    which will distract and annoy me. But this way I won't know. Better that way.

But I know, you meant well, so no worries. ^^
  • edited March 2011
    I dont even know how he got the measurements for the trailer, but doesn't look out of place to me, one thing I did notice was the hinges on the trailer door do not match up when seen from the outside and from the inside.
  • edited March 2011
    That trailer is oversized and the door is obviously not the same. I can tell the trailer is a set.
  • edited March 2011
    This guy has to be a troll. If you make the bars of a ride go up. Then the other bars go manual and can be lifted with ease

(I did it once before at a fair)
  • edited March 2011
    All movies have plot holes and mistakes, and it bugs me when people mention them and make fun of the movies. It ruins the experience.
  • edited March 2011
    Imagine if he took all the bugs from JPIII. lol, he'd have a 45 minute video.
  • edited April 2011
    I remember when I first saw this and I feel like in some aspects yeah I could see where he/she is coming from, like the Gennaro not being blown away, but at same time that didn't make the movie any less enjoyable. The person as just being super anal, the trailer really didn't matter honestly.

I found it HILARIOUS, however, how he knit picked so many thinks but didn't even mention one of the most memorable and noted mistakes:

The kitchen scene when someone pets the Velociraptor's tail as its looking for the kids.
    Yet he included the ice cream blooper :/
  • edited April 2011
    anashastar wrote: »
    I found it HILARIOUS how he knit picked so many things but didn't even mention one of the most memorable and noted mistakes:

The kitchen scene when someone pets the Velociraptor's tail as its looking for the kids.
    Yet he included the ice cream blooper :/

ROFL :D I'm surprised he didn't point out that one as well. I'm not one to complain about goofs, mistakes and the like in films, but seeing that hand pressing down on the raptor's tail to keep it from falling over was one of my favourites.
  • edited April 2011
    When Lex is hacking the computer system and the raptors try to open the door, you can see a hand leading the raptor-model :D
  • edited April 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    When Lex is hacking the computer system and the raptors try to open the door, you can see a hand leading the raptor-model :D

REALLY! Is there a youtube vid that highlights that!!! :eek:
  • edited April 2011
    I didn't found that specific scene, but here's another you can also see a hand at 3:04 :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_I0Ulpp78
  • edited April 2011
    Never noticed the hand before. If they release this on Blu-Ray, I seriously hope Universal fixes the issues. That'd be so badass!!!
  • edited April 2011
    How can they fix issues like that? I don't think I really mind if Ellie uses the force to grab the ice cream, or the raptor needs a nudge into the kitchen. I've been watching it 16 years and I never cared.
  • edited April 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    How can they fix issues like that? I don't think I really mind if Ellie uses the force to grab the ice cream, or the raptor needs a nudge into the kitchen. I've been watching it 16 years and I never cared.

You've got my vote. These mistakes can happen - you'll find them in every blockbuster.
    What always bothered me to hell is the T-rex cage (being a flat level / being a canyon) this was already the fist mistake when I watched the movie for the first time when I was about 11 years old…
  • edited April 2011
    You've got my vote. These mistakes can happen - you'll find them in every blockbuster.
    What always bothered me to hell is the T-rex cage (being a flat level / being a canyon) this was already the fist mistake when I watched the movie for the first time when I was about 11 years old…

I know right? But, I think the way in which they used the dropoff to create an action sequence made me forget logic and go to the edge of my seat.
  • edited April 2011
    I didn't found that specific scene, but here's another you can also see a hand at 3:04 :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_I0Ulpp78

HAHAHA that's the scene I was talking about with the tail touch XD
  • edited April 2011
    anashastar wrote: »
    HAHAHA that's the scene I was talking about with the tail touch XD

oh, I've read over this, sorry :D
  • edited April 2011

Didn't Steven explain it already? There were 2 sides of the pen. One which was elevated. And the other was a drop down area. The cage was a square and didn't run the whole way like people think it did. The explorer was far down from the pen. As you can clearly tell in the movie.
  • edited April 2011
    ROFL :D I'm surprised he didn't point out that one as well. I'm not one to complain about goofs, mistakes and the like in films, but seeing that hand pressing down on the raptor's tail to keep it from falling over was one of my favourites.

I never noticed that. What part in the kitchen scene does that happen?

I focus to much on the movie to notice any mistakes, perhaps that is for the better. :D

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you mean, wow you guys have good eyes. I didn't notice it until the vid zoomed in, it's too far away for me. That and I was always focused on the characters.
  • edited April 2011
    Isn't that scene with the hand touching the raptor tail just the raptor's tail curved at an angle?
  • edited November 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1D-_BjYv_k Part 1 I am a die hard JP fan and im not making fun of the movie but I was stunned when I saw these because I have never noticed them before and you need to have a good eye to catch some these:eek: Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_I0Ulpp78
  • edited November 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1D-_BjYv_k Part 1 I am a die hard JP fan and im not making fun of the movie but I was stunned when I saw these because I have never noticed them before and you need to have a good eye to catch some these:eek: Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_I0Ulpp78

Thanks. Good video, some failures are really dumb as a door of car or the names of the "dinos". :-)
  • edited November 2011
    no Problem I enjoyed the video lol somethings I just would not notice
Sign in to comment in this discussion.