Glitches on episode 3!

edited March 2011 in Game Support
I don´t know you guys but I just played episode 3 on my mac. The game was pretty good, great story telling and twists, I think is the best so far in the 5 episode series. But what about all those glitches!!!!

Many times biff and especially Lorraine character has all those squares on their faces and color glows in their eyes, bad programing or bad render I don´t know...

When you are walking through Hill Valley there are some posters in front of the alternate store, those posters have weird lines like a bad tuning in a television set.

The game is great but those troubles took me out of the story. I really hope they fix them for the dvd release. Anyone else saw this? or is it just the mac version that´s bug. :eek:

Comments

• edited March 2011
    farchondo wrote: »
    I don´t know you guys but I just played episode 3 on my mac. The game was pretty good, great story telling and twists, I think is the best so far in the 5 episode series. But what about all those glitches!!!!

Many times biff and especially Lorraine character has all those squares on their faces and color glows in their eyes, bad programing or bad render I don´t know...

When you are walking through Hill Valley there are some posters in front of the alternate store, those posters have weird lines like a bad tuning in a television set.

The game is great but those troubles took me out of the story. I really hope they fix them for the dvd release. Anyone one else saw this? or is it just the mac version that´s bug. :eek:

That's probably your computer. I have a five year old Macbook with no glitches at all. The only thing that happened was one time when Marty's dad was talking in the garage his speech and mouth went out of sync.
  • edited March 2011
    I didn't notice anything like that for the PC version, but I did however notice (which was really distracting) was that ppl's name tags would clip under their shirt while they were talking, found this extremely annoying because when it did the tag would go dark and then pop back bright again, flashing. And marty's eyes behind the soup window, looked really creepy.

I next to nothing about Mac's but it sounds like a driver issue.
  • edited March 2011
    That's probably your computer. I have a five year old Macbook with no glitches at all. The only thing that happened was one time when Marty's dad was talking in the garage his speech and mouth went out of sync.
    You really think so?? I have a Macbook pro brand new, I just bought it...

I also forgot to mention, I couldn´t even read the numbers clear in the Biff´s watch puzzle when you have to put on the code from George´s video still photo. There also appeared those weird glitches... so I had to bling guess what I was putting.
  • edited March 2011
    Iggman88 wrote: »
    I didn't notice anything like that for the PC version, but I did however notice (which was really distracting) was that ppl's name tags would clip under their shirt while they were talking, found this extremely annoying because when it did the tag would go dark and then pop back bright again, flashing. And marty's eyes behind the soup window, looked really creepy.

I next to nothing about Mac's but it sounds like a driver issue.

Yea. The only thing I've seen is the name tag thing. Other then that I've not had any problems. I've been lucky with each game. Some people mentioned glitches in the other episodes too that I didn't experience.
  • edited March 2011
    You really think so?? I have a Macbook pro brand new, I just bought it...

I also forgot to mention, I couldn´t even read the numbers clear in the Biff´s watch puzzle when you have to put on the code from George´s video still photo. There also appeared those weird glitches... so I had to bling guess what I was putting.

What's your system specs?
  • edited March 2011
    By the way, it is the first episode where I experienced real issues with glitches. No problem with episode 1 and 2 and I used the same macbook
  • edited March 2011
    Which OSX are you using? 5 or 6?

EDIT: Moving this to the Support forum.
  • edited March 2011
    What's your system specs?
    Well... sadly I bought my laptop just a few weeks after Mac released those great ones with the i5 and i7 processor for the same price... don´t even let me start with that.

Anyway, this are my specs.

Nombre del modelo: MacBook Pro
    Identificador del modelo: MacBookPro7,1
    Nombre del procesador: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Velocidad del procesador: 2.4 GHz
    Modelo de chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
    Tipo: GPU
    Bus: PCI
    VRAM (total): 256 MB
    Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

I am from Mexico that´s why some info is in spanish.
  • edited March 2011
    Which OSX are you using? 5 or 6?

EDIT: Moving this to the Support forum.
    I have Leopard OS X 10.6.6
  • edited March 2011
    Well... sadly I bought my laptop just a few weeks after Mac released those great ones with the i5 and i7 processor for the same price... don´t even let me start with that.

Anyway, this are my specs.

Nombre del modelo: MacBook Pro
    Identificador del modelo: MacBookPro7,1
    Nombre del procesador: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Velocidad del procesador: 2.4 GHz
    Modelo de chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
    Tipo: GPU
    Bus: PCI
    VRAM (total): 256 MB
    Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

I am from Mexico that´s why some info is in spanish.

I can read Spanish just fine. It looks like you are short on RAM though. You really only have 256 MB? The minimum requirements for the game are 2 GB.
  • edited March 2011
    I can read Spanish just fine. It looks like you are short on RAM though. You really only have 256 MB? The minimum requirements for the game are 2 GB.
    No. The processor has 4 GB ram.

Those 256 MB are for the video card drive. Is not the best card drive in the market but it´s good enough for a telltale game so far. Or maybe until...

Well, I have a big Imac with so much power so I will check how it works on that. Just that I liked playing at my laptop anywhere I want.
  • edited March 2011
    No. The processor has 4 GB ram.

Those 256 MB are for the video card drive. Is not the best card drive in the market but it´s good enough for a telltale game so far. Or maybe until...

Well, I have a big Imac with so much power so I will check how it works on that. Just that I liked playing at my laptop anywhere I want.

There WAS a Mac software update last week... did you run it? I haven't yet. It may have messed up a driver.
  • edited March 2011
    There WAS a Mac software update last week... did you run it? I haven't yet. It may have messed up a driver.
    well... i don´t recall any update unless it did automatically.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    There WAS a Mac software update last week.
    Indeed. My iMac now has Snow Leopard 10.6.7.
  • edited March 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Indeed. My iMac now has Snow Leopard 10.6.7.
    Oh well. So that means I haven´t update it yet. I have 10.6.6
  • edited March 2011
    Only glitch I found is if you take Jennifer's Spray paint can, and then use the guitar on her to challenge Leech, she asks for the spray can back, and the guitar kind of just floats in front of Marty. That and the lip synching. Everything else was fine though
This discussion has been closed.