Mac OSX And BttF Ep. 3

edited April 2011 in Game Support
I'm going to sticky this for the next week or so so people can see this.

For those of you Mac users who purchased BttF without reading the General FAQ or the system specs listed in the Store- you need OSX-6 (Snow Leopard) to play BttF. It's been listed as such from day one.

Somehow, Episodes 1 & 2 of BttF also work on Macs running OSX-5 (Leopard). Episode 3, however, will crash on 5 and run fantastically on 6 (I've tried it- my father's computer is still running OSX-5, and I have an OLDER computer that's running OSX-6. Mine plays BttF glitch-free, his doesn't work at all).

The only thing I can recommend as a fellow gamer is to update your system. If you already have Leopard, Snow Leopard is not an expensive update. It's 29$ by itself, or an additional 100$ for iLife and iWork added.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    We're actually working on something that will allow the game to work with 10.5.8 as well. If you'd like an update as to when that's available or if we have a work around please pm me your email.
  • edited March 2011
    There is now a patch up for OSX5.8 users.

Instructions:
    Delete your old BttF.
    Delete your browser cache.
    Download new game from the "My Games" toolbar.
    Enjoy!
    (If it doesn't work, try downloading through a browser you don't normally use- if you're a Safari user, use Firefox and vice versa.)
  • edited April 2011
    I have 10.6.6 - not working for me, stuck infinitely on that Loading... black screen.

My system:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.16f11
    Serial Number (system): W87395SJX91
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B63ABCD1A
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled
  • edited April 2011
    If we ordered the game through a different retailer (gamersgate, steam, etc) how do we get the patched version?
This discussion has been closed.