Christopher Lloyd's Voice work

edited March 2011 in Back to the Future
Am I the only one noticing that all characters are credited as normal, but Doc is prefixed with 'performed by' in the credits?

Any reason for that?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I guess he gets special treatment since he's one of the original actors. Doesn't explain why they don't do the same thing for Claudia Wells, though.
  • edited March 2011
    To emphasis on the name, I guess. It's the same as saying "We got Christopher f***ing Lloyd, bitches!".
  • edited March 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    It's the same as saying "We got Christopher fucking Lloyd, bitches!".

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • edited March 2011
    It might be because they looked at Christopher Lloyd's actions while recording and used some of them for Doc in the game?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    It's probably just how he asked to be credited, so we did. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Jake wrote: »

Hmmm, perhaps.
  • edited March 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    To emphasis on the name, I guess. It's the same as saying "We got Christopher fucking Lloyd, bitches!".

Edit:
    GaryCXJK is right (in the next post.) My old post is unfunny and unnecessary.
  • edited March 2011
    That's just wrong.
  • edited March 2011
    I thought it was Telltale who decided to do that.

If Christopher Lloyd requested it, it could be for a number of reasons, but I'm going with that's just how classical actors like to be credited.
  • edited March 2011
    It's probably a similar thing to "Harrison Ford Starring In Indiana Jones and the ..." :) Or just Lloyd's wish, or that of his agent's.

PS: I would rather prefer "and Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmett Brown" at the very end of the credits. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Some people just need the special mention. Like in Miami Vice opening credits only actor/actress names are mentioned except for "Edward James Olmos as Castillo". I guess it's just "a thing".
  • edited March 2011
    Some people just need the special mention.
    Well, for this, the way it was done here was rather modest.
  • edited March 2011
    I think it is brilliant that you guys got him for the voice. It completes the game. Even M.J. Foxes voice is pretty convincing. but then again I havent watched BTTF since I was a kid
  • edited March 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    And he totally deserved that much! :D
  • edited March 2011
    fhqwhgads wrote: »
    Doc is prefixed with 'performed by' in the credits?

Any reason for that?

Cartwheels and handstands while recording the voiceovers i would assume...
  • edited March 2011
    fhqwhgads wrote: »
    Any reason for that?

Great Scott..
  • edited March 2011
    Well, let's face it. Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown really does get around. Within the past few years - even before he was asked to voice Doc in the Telltale games - he reprised his Doc role on the DirecTV commercial, the Microsoft Tech-Ed skit, and the Check Your Coat video by O'Neal McKnight.

For that, I think he does deserve special credit. I do wish they had Tom Wilson come back as Biff Tannen (and Kid Tannen), though. He also was Doc in The Ride and the live action scenes of The Animated Series.
  • edited March 2011
    I think that it should say "performed by" because Christopher Lloyd , although he has had other great roles, is known as Doc Brown. It's his main thing. He practically owns the role. It the same thing like when mark hamill voices the joker. They do it so well that they become know for it. So to have "performed by" just makes sense. I think he does deserve special credit.
  • edited March 2011
    It's obvious how much Christopher Lloyd really does cherish his role as Doc, even though some fans have criticized him for the Tech-Ed promo. I don't think it was stellar, but I still found it enjoyable to watch. I don't really care for his beard in the rap video, but I understand that he had to grow it for another role.

As for the DirecTV advert, it may not make much sense - but that could easily be explained as being a dream sequence. Maybe on January 8 of 2007, he had a dream of his earliest temporal experiment (from his perspective) - and, for some reason, he had DirecTV on his mind.
  • edited March 2011
    bttf4444 wrote: »
    As for the DirecTV advert, it may not make much sense - but that could easily be explained as being a dream sequence. Maybe on January 8 of 2007, he had a dream of his earliest temporal experiment (from his perspective) - and, for some reason, he had DirecTV on his mind.

Are you really trying to justify the DirectTV ad as part of the film canon?
  • edited March 2011
    Well, no, it's just wild speculation. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.