direct 3d problem

edited March 2011 in Game Support
for some reason whenever i try to play citizen brown i keep getting an error that says

could not intialize Direct 3D
make sure you have current video drivers and close any applications
that may be running. You will need a video card that supports at least pixels shader version 1.4

i dont really understand why this is happening. I have played the past two episodes without any problems. I updated direct x as it said but it still doesnt work

please help

Comments

• edited March 2011
    hamza721 wrote: »
    for some reason whenever i try to play citizen brown i keep getting an error that says

could not intialize Direct 3D
    make sure you have current video drivers and close any applications
    that may be running. You will need a video card that supports at least pixels shader version 1.4

i dont really understand why this is happening. I have played the past two episodes without any problems. I updated direct x as it said but it still doesnt work

please help

Can I take a look at your DXDiag?

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information". It will prompt you to save a file. Since I cannot receive attachments, I'll need you to cut and paste the contents into this message for me.
  • edited March 2011
    You don't have a sound driver installed.

Go to Dell's site and download/install the latest driver for your model.
This discussion has been closed.