Mac 10.5.8 fix is up.

edited April 2011 in Game Support
To get it delete the previous version from your Mac and re-download it from the site.

I'll be emailing everyone who requested it but it might be a little while.

Please let me know if you find any other issues!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Amy,

Thanks!!
    Downloading now!

Cheers,
    MiKE
  • edited March 2011
    I did everything you said and it's still having the problem. What am I missing?
  • edited March 2011
    Just out of curiosity, will this issue be present in the remaining chapters?
  • edited March 2011
    FemaleDoc wrote: »
    I did everything you said and it's still having the problem. What am I missing?

What browser are you using? Did you clear the download history?
  • edited March 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    What browser are you using? Did you clear the download history?

Safari 5.0.3 and I didn't clear the download history...
  • edited March 2011
    Can you try with a firefox? Also make sure to empty the trash can of the old version as well.
  • edited March 2011
    Emptied trash, didn't work. What does downloading with Firefox have to do with anything?
  • edited March 2011
    Try installing it into a new folder FemaleDoc, it worked for me then.
  • edited March 2011
    You mean put the file into a new folder when I go to open it, or do the whole download process into a different folder?
  • edited March 2011
    When dragging the game to your installation-folder, try dragging it to another place than applications. I tried dragging it to applications, the first time. It didnt work. I got the same issue. Then I tried putting it directly onto my desktop. It worked. Now, it may not work for you, but maybe worth a shot?

and i didnt download the file to a new folder, just to clarify it, just installing it into a new one
  • edited March 2011
    How do I set it to drag into a different folder? I can't see any option for that when the thing pops up that prompts me to drag to the applications folder.
  • edited March 2011
    Never mind. I figured out how to do it. Let's see if this damned thing works.
  • edited March 2011
    Nope. Still doesn't work.
  • edited March 2011
    FemaleDoc wrote: »
    Emptied trash, didn't work. What does downloading with Firefox have to do with anything?

All boils down to cache. Cache is where everything you downloaded (this includes the layouts of the sites you've been in) is kept temprorarily. Its main job is to remember the files by their size and their internet addresses so that when you revisit an old site, the whole layout and things you download from this site isn't downloaded again and instead the site is read from your cache folder. This has a drawback, for example, if you download a very similar file from a website from the same link, maybe not exactly the same (such as the updated version of this game), you end up getting the pre-updated version no matter how many times you try downloading from the same file source. To prevent this;

a) You can clear your browser's cache and try downloading again.
    b) Use a new browser which will have its own, empty cache so that you can download the same setup without worrying about computer trying to synchronize similar files.
  • edited March 2011
    Cleared download history, didn't work.
  • edited March 2011
    Apologies for the duplicate post (as you'll see this is another thread which covers the same subject matter) but i've downloaded the supposedly fixed version of this to my MAC and i'm still encountering the issue :( It's really strange. Once again, Eps 1 and 2 continue to load and run as they always have.

I know you're (Amy) doing everything you can to help and I do appreciate it, but it really is looking more like a Telltale issue more than it is my computer.
  • edited March 2011
    Tried downloading with Firefox. Didn't work. I'm really starting to get frustrated. I guess I'll have no choice but to get Snow Leopard.
  • edited March 2011
    Apologies for the duplicate post (as you'll see this is another thread which covers the same subject matter) but i've downloaded the supposedly fixed version of this to my MAC and i'm still encountering the issue :( It's really strange. Once again, Eps 1 and 2 continue to load and run as they always have.

I know you're (Amy) doing everything you can to help and I do appreciate it, but it really is looking more like a Telltale issue more than it is my computer.

What version of Mac OS are you running?
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    What version of Mac OS are you running?

In fact, I think FemaleDoc and myself are running virtually the same systems. Just a further update: I emptied my cache, deleted browsing history, got rid of duplicate files and ran disc utility. This is based off general advice from MAC Forums.

My specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.27f3
    Serial Number (system): W88131N2YK0
    Hardware UUID: D89B0D3E-B05A-58D9-8243-042833677CD1
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled
  • edited March 2011
    Hey all,

Miracle! Episode 3 loaded for the first time! On my MacBook.

I cleared the cache in Safari, deleted download history etc etc
    Downloaded again...still didn`t work!
    Assumed it never would! (short of maybe an update to Snow Leopard)

But then, just for the hell of it, I downloaded the .dmg again thru
    Firefox...what do you know?

The darn thing *worked* at last!

Amazing, absolutely amazing!

So I`d say try another browser and download again...worth a try!

Now I`ll go play, see if it *keeps* working...
    ;)

Cheers
    MiKE42
  • edited March 2011

In fact, I think FemaleDoc and myself are running virtually the same systems. Just a further update: I emptied my cache, deleted browsing history, got rid of duplicate files and ran disc utility. This is based off general advice from MAC Forums.

My specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.27f3
    Serial Number (system): W88131N2YK0
    Hardware UUID: D89B0D3E-B05A-58D9-8243-042833677CD1
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

Exact same error? No changes at all?
  • edited March 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote:
    Exact same error? No changes at all?

Yes. Same result, that is up until trying this next bit:

MiKE42 wrote: »
    So I`d say try another browser and download again...worth a try!

Now I`ll go play, see if it *keeps* working...
    ;)

Cheers
    MiKE42

Mike - your name is now synonymous with the word "GENIUS"! It actually worked. I downloaded firefox and got the game through that, game works like a charm just like the previous two. Seriously, why does that make a difference?

Amy, all good now thanks to Mike's advice. But thanks for your support too. I seriously cannot explain why downloading via a different browser worked, but it did.

I love this community :)
  • edited March 2011
    Yes. Same result, that is up until trying this next bit:

Mike - your name is now synonymous with the word "GENIUS"! It actually worked. I downloaded firefox and got the game through that, game works like a charm just like the previous two. Seriously, why does that make a difference?

Amy, all good now thanks to Mike's advice. But thanks for your support too. I seriously cannot explain why downloading via a different browser worked, but it did.

I love this community :)

hehe
    Thanks TWT!

Glad downloading thru Firefox worked for you too!
    I`m as surprised as you are that it makes a difference!
    But so happy it did...
    I just played for 90mins, and it ran perfectly, just like episodes 1 and 2.

Thanks Amy and Telltale for the updated .dmg!

(let`s hope Episode 4 gives us less grief tho...)

Off to play some more "Citizen Brown" :):)

Cheers,
    MiKE42
  • edited March 2011
    I'm glad to hear you guys are working on this, but will you be patching the Steam version as well?
  • edited March 2011
    Yes we will. Hopefully it will happen soon, but unfortunately I don't have an exact ETA.
  • edited March 2011
    That's good to know. I'll keep checking back on this =D
  • edited March 2011
    At last it's working on my computer! I just finished the episode and it's great. But one thing... WTF happened to Doc's hair? Did he lose it from the stress of being married to the bitch on wheels?

Are adjustments going to be made for Mac 10.5.8 in the next episodes?
  • edited March 2011
    ^ I think Doc lost it from the stress of trying to get a game to work ;)

I *have* Snow Leopard and am stuck on that infernal (machine?) black screen with "Loading..."

Macbook Pro
  • edited March 2011
    Patiently waiting for the update to hit Steam.....
  • edited April 2011
    dangobango wrote: »
    Patiently waiting for the update to hit Steam.....

Patiently waiting for update to hit GamersGate....
  • edited April 2011
    Patiently waiting for update to hit GamersGate....

This has already hit. Did you redownload it?
This discussion has been closed.