Am I the only one who...

edited March 2011 in Back to the Future
...got teary eyed during the ending of Back to the Future Part I when seeing it in theaters and DVD?

And when I hear the TO BE CONTINUED music bit in the game,I have the same feeling...I guess Im too attached to Back to the Future...

Anyone else who has the same kind of feelings?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Umm...not really, no. I get more of an anxious feeling.
  • edited March 2011
    Kamagawa wrote: »
    Umm...not really, no. I get more of an anxious feeling.

Then I must be crazy :P
  • edited March 2011
    You're not crazy, Doc. While I can't say that I get teary eyed towards the end of Part I, I get a wave of nostalgia every time I hear the musical bit when it shows 'To be Continued'. It really brings back memories of my first time watching the movies and getting excited to watch the next installment.
  • edited March 2011
    I remember being confused at first when the "To Be Continued" text didn't appear at the end of BTTF1 on the DVD. Then I found out that it wasn't originally there in the theatrical release, they only added it to the subsequent releases after BTTF2 came out.
  • edited March 2011
    I get shivers everytime I see it.
  • edited March 2011
    i get teary eyed eveytime marty says goodbye to 1955 doc...see you in 30 years! marty says " I hope so!"
  • edited March 2011
    Same here...when I saw it in theaters for the 25th Anniversary,I was secretly trying not to cry :P
  • edited March 2011
    i used to get excited when i was a kid. But yea. You are totally crazy.
  • edited March 2011
    No, you're not crazy. There's nothing wrong with sentimental tears.

I do tend to feel a little sad, in fact, when I think of how the future from BTTF2 is only four years away. I was a kid in the '80s (born in 1977), so I sometimes get nostalgic for the decade. On the other hand, I would miss my internet connection - and I do like newer rock, along with the stuff from the '70s and '80s
  • edited March 2011
    i used to get excited when i was a kid. But yea. You are totally crazy.

Okay then Im half crazy..I guess since I saw BTTF as a young kid,it just reminds me of my childhood for some reason :P
  • edited March 2011
    I can relate to that.. and even the game makes me feel for the guys. I felt Emmet's pain when Marty confided that he wasn't really from the patent office and also when he found out (in ep.3)
    that his loving wife has in fact betrayed him all the time.
    Brilliant writing and "acting".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.